Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

Everything these days goes back to politics…. Ugh. Not basketball politics but real politics. Unfortunate and odd. Never a good idea to discuss religion or politics is probably the best rule of thumb but Covid policies changed that forever and believe me, I fully understand it.

If it’s not a fit, it’s not a fit. Not fair for anyone to be slandered for it. I’m so ready to move on. We’re embarrassing ourselves again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Everything these days goes back to politics…. Ugh. Not basketball politics but real politics. Unfortunate and odd. Never a good idea to discuss religion or politics is probably the best rule of thumb but Covid policies changed that forever and believe me, I fully understand it.

If it’s not a fit, it’s not a fit. Not fair for anyone to be slandered for it. I’m so ready to move on. We’re embarrassing ourselves again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It's not slander if it's true.

It's not slander if it's true.

Yes it is. Trying to label him as some whacko conspiracy theorist pushing politics isn’t a necessary narrative whatsoever. Say, “we had differences of opinion” or whatever and be confident in your decision and move along. So dramatic.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes it is. Trying to label him as some whacko conspiracy theorist pushing politics isn’t a necessary narrative whatsoever. Say, “we had differences of opinion” or whatever and be confident in your decision and move along. So dramatic.

Slander is by its very definition false and malicious. If he really was pushing politics then it's simply speaking the truth about events that occurred and not slander. Someone fairly reputable is reporting this.

Slander is by its very definition false and malicious. If he really was pushing politics then it's simply speaking the truth about events that occurred and not slander. Someone fairly reputable is reporting this.

And completely unnecessary.

Yeah.  Checked some things out.  I'll read between the lines.  Root cause gentlemen -- Woody was, shall I say, "not appreciative" of the speculation that Fife was the Head Coach in waiting.  Any Fife "incidents" are looked at thru that lens.  Having his ex-NBA fellas around probably didn't help matters -- he and they are truly learning the college game.  He's not learning from the college guys -- Mata, etc.  Afraid to say, we may have a bit of a rough road ahead until the NBA guys get it figured out.  I hope not.  

Is anything really necessary in the end? It's better for the program that this comes out so half the fanbase doesn't think he got fired for expressing his coaching opinions.

Whatever. With respect, you let the guy go and leave it at Woody’s public response. The gossip queen stuff and political nonsense isn’t necessary. Let the guy go forward with his dignity unless you intentionally want to tarnish him. Heck, he’s probably right about all the political stuff but it’s not the time or place for that stuff. He should know better. He got fired. Move along with class.

Yeah.  Checked some things out.  I'll read between the lines.  Root cause gentlemen -- Woody was, shall I say, "not appreciative" of the speculation that Fife was the Head Coach in waiting.  Any Fife "incidents" are looked at thru that lens.  Having his ex-NBA fellas around probably didn't help matters -- he and they are truly learning the college game.  He's not learning from the college guys -- Mata, etc.  Afraid to say, we may have a bit of a rough road ahead until the NBA guys get it figured out.  I hope not.  

Lol. “Checked some things out”

Try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Whatever. With respect, you let the guy go and leave it at Woody’s public response. The gossip queen stuff and political nonsense isn’t necessary. Let the guy go forward with his dignity unless you intentionally want to tarnish him. Heck, he’s probably right about all the political stuff but it’s not the time or place for that stuff. He should know better. He got fired. Move along with class.

And there it is! The real reason you're upset.

23 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Everything is political. To pinpoint him is unfair. 

8 minutes ago, iubb said:

Lol. “Checked some things out”

Try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.  then spill the beans.  Most is unverified nonsense.  The rest is verified nonsense -- tweets about the NIL, Offering some kid going to Purdue, something about the MSU student section.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

There is nothing cryptic about what Rabjohns has stated on JMV or his post on peegs. 

No, but it is all slanted.  He is and always has been an IU PR arm.  That's why he deleted his tweet.  They told him to.  That's why he tried to say IU never contacted Holtmann when all the reputable journalists were saying otherwise.   He was covering for IU.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

There is nothing cryptic about what Rabjohns has stated on JMV or his post on peegs. 

Actually it was very cryptic.  He actually said he wasn't going to divulge specifics.  Just a lot of "not a good fit" nonsense.