Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

Can someone in the know dm me what rabby said fife did wrong please. The suspense is killing me

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

If it was really a story he’d just tweet it and get the story out. If he just posted on peegs and we’re just seeing random people tweet things on his behalf how are we supposed to know those things are true?

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

I don't care what Fife did.  He's gone.  I care what Woody does.  And this "rule" is a red flag for me.  

Considering players are now permitted to transfer on a whim and play immediately, I actually think it’s a pretty good idea to make sure they actually visit the school before an offer is made.

3 hours ago, Kentuckysucks said:

But I think hiring a 63 year old with no college coaching experience was an even much bigger mistake.  Almost every NBA guy to college coach has been an enormous disaster. 

Be careful, I know where you're coming from with this but you'll get the couple of success stories out of the many who failed. Let's hope Woody beats the odds and is a success story.

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

If it was really a story he’d just tweet it and get the story out. If he just posted on peegs and we’re just seeing random people tweet things on his behalf how are we supposed to know those things are true?

So don’t believe it.  Or do.  Does it really matter?  We can argue whether the ball was to high or not, but it’s already gone.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The internal politics don't really matter. Basketball is a business and this sort of thing happens in the business world all the time. Dane Fife was never, in my opinion, ever going to be the savior of the IU program. I'm shocked that so many people seem to be upset about this. It's just an organizational change. Nothing more. I don't care what Dakich, or anyone else, thinks about this decision. What matters is what CMW does going forward. He has more skin in this game than anyone else. Have a little faith. If CMW is wrong, he is the one who will suffer the consequences.

I don't care what anyone else thinks either. I only care about IU returning to greatness. The thing I find interesting about this is the flip from some on here thinking he was the successor to glad he's gone.

So don’t believe it.  Or do.  Does it really matter?  We can argue whether the ball was to high or not, but it’s already gone.

Just saying Rabbys “I know what happened and you don’t” tweet is just inviting speculation and doesn’t help anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The internal politics don't really matter. Basketball is a business and this sort of thing happens in the business world all the time. Dane Fife was never, in my opinion, ever going to be the savior of the IU program. I'm shocked that so many people seem to be upset about this. It's just an organizational change. Nothing more. I don't care what Dakich, or anyone else, thinks about this decision. What matters is what CMW does going forward. He has more skin in this game than anyone else. Have a little faith. If CMW is wrong, he is the one who will suffer the consequences.

Exactly. It didn't work out, move on. People are acting like there was some multi-generational grand plan that's now dead and IU basketball has taken some huge hit. He'll be fine, he'll find another well-paying job. Another person will come in. Life will continue and I'm willing to put money down that IU is better next year than this. 

27 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I have to disagree with you there - CMW does not have the most skin in the game and in fact I would say he has the least amongst the core staff. Matta wants to be an AD, Fife and other coaches want to be head coaches etc and many are far from ready to call it quits. Their futures are on the line. On the flip side, Woody could have already retired, he’s old and rich…

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

Just saying Rabbys “I know what happened and you don’t” tweet is just inviting speculation and doesn’t help anyone.

So choose not to listen to him if you don’t want to.  It’s been laid pretty bare what occurred in this thread as well as other sites.  And even if you choose not to believe it, it is undeniable that he has continually struck out with recruits.

So choose not to listen to him if you don’t want to.  It’s been laid pretty bare what occurred in this thread as well as other sites.  And even if you choose not to believe it, it is undeniable that he has continually struck out with recruits.

Because every rumor that has ever been laid out on this site has been true, yeah?

Billy is coming.