Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

11 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This is what it seems to me.  I have been a CMW supporter but something isn’t adding up here.  There is evidence of CMW’s stubbornness and I heard Fife bumped heads with him but it was primarily because of CMW’s willingness to keep starting and playing Kopp and Stewart.  I heard Fife kept telling him to start Phinesee and Galloway because they were better defensively than Kopp and Stewart since they haven’t been giving us anything offensively.

I think this looks bad because he is an IU man and he was told he would be the successor once CMW would step down.  Not good IMO.

Also, some say he hasn’t done well in recruiting but didn’t he recruit Cupps?  I believe he just won’t Ohio Mr. Basketball.  

Who told fife he was the successor?   Nothing from IU just fans wanting him to be the successor 

13 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This is what it seems to me.  I have been a CMW supporter but something isn’t adding up here.  There is evidence of CMW’s stubbornness and I heard Fife bumped heads with him but it was primarily because of CMW’s willingness to keep starting and playing Kopp and Stewart.  I heard Fife kept telling him to start Phinesee and Galloway because they were better defensively than Kopp and Stewart since they haven’t been giving us anything offensively.

I think this looks bad because he is an IU man and he was told he would be the successor once CMW would step down.  Not good IMO.

Also, some say he hasn’t done well in recruiting but didn’t he recruit Cupps?  I believe he just won’t Ohio Mr. Basketball.  

He was never told he was going to be the next coach

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Since Walsh was the main recruiter for him. Yes.   Fife had nothing to do with his commitment 

Just curious.. Would that be a normal circumstance for BW to be a lead recruiter? Or is also/mostly because he has some roots in OH? 

Just asking for information purposes. I realize his position, just didnt know it would ever mean he would br the lead recruiter for a HS kid.

Either way... excellent job by BW, and staff. 

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

That’s what he was told.  He made that comment on DD show during and interview 

No he didn't, Rabjohn's who is good friends with Fife even said today it was never mentioned he would be the next coach.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just curious.. Would that be a normal circumstance for BW to be a lead recruiter? Or is also/mostly because he has some roots in OH? 

Just asking for information purposes. I realize his position, just didnt know it would ever mean he would br the lead recruiter for a HS kid.

Either way... excellent job by BW, and staff. 

He has some really good roots set.  Not just in Ohio.   Cupps isn’t the only one that Walsh got them in the door to.   Really good asset to have and will be an excellent assistant coach one day.  Just not sure it will be the IU one at this time.   

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That’s what he was told.  He made that comment on DD show during and interview 

He made the comment on DD that of course that is the end goal for him and that was the goal but he never said he was told that.    Said he wanted it the first time around also before Miller was hired 

Who told fife he was the successor?   Nothing from IU just fans wanting him to be the successor 

This was always a ludicrous theory rooted in nothing but an odd fantasy that was doomed for failure.

Lol. That’s always been my opinion on this one.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I was disappointed at first but being I believe the head coach assumes full responsibility for failure and success I have to support Woodson 100 percent on player and of course assistant coaches. Woody has to be in full control and we need to trust his decisions until he don't deserve it. Let's pray Woodson is doing the right things to turn this program around. Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Was Fife the lead for any recruits we were currently on aside from Miro Little? 

He was taken off a couple earlier in the year.   I have to look it up but Little is the only one I can think of.