Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

10 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Maybe but Fife also comes off as a know-it-all and a jack-@$$. Whether listening to consultants overt Fife is good or bad I don't know but Fife def caused division amongst the staff.    

Show me a good coach who doesn't.  :)  

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Interpretation from what on here and elsewhere have said - he's a bigger masshole (remove the m) than Brad and thought highly of himself while letting others know. I believe he wasn't a fan of some of Woody's ATO plays and let him know.

Neither where many here.  Lucky woody doesn't read this board.  :)  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

That's the part that scares me about this move.  Kid had a decade or more under Izzo and with a successful program and suddenly he's "not a fit."  If that means he had different opinions and wasn't afraid to express them, we may be in a little bit of trouble.  

I hope he gets a head coaching job somewhere.  Good luck to him.  

That is not what happened. Trust me. Izzo was going to show Fife the door pretty soon if IU did not take him on. Whether Woodson wants 'yes' men I have no idea, but there is a line between disagreeing sometimes as coaches and acting like a jerk to everyone around you and think you know everything. Fife very much was in the second one the last few years.

Woodson may need to change his ways some and I think that is fair to say, but the Fife issue is completely separate and he handled himself very badly at both MSU by the end and IU all year. 

Taking the IU out of it, someone like Fife is not the type of person you want on staff. He needs to humble himself out and listen to others advice and hopefully him being let go makes him take a look in the mirror. Otherwise he will be jumping job-to-job every couple years and burning bridges wherever he goes. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Thank you for your time as a Hoosier player and coach Dane.

Didn't he work with the guards?  If so he did a phenomenal job.  X improved from terrible to one of our best players during the year.  Phinisee improved from horrendous to not as horrendous during the year.  Big loss if so.

He was all in on Rob when he started.  So if he did that, I agree.  

Just now, VO5 said:

And this is why Its not a real loss he’s gone. Go get a bag man Woody. If he never played at IU fans wouldn’t care but since he did it’s somehow a sky is falling scenario. Fans need to let go of the emotional ties and look at this through a clear lens. 

That’s what I want in an assistant too. The coaching is secondary, imho. Find a guy who can land elite talent. The rest will figure itself out. That wasn’t Fife, so adios! 

54 minutes ago, wirenuts said:

so is there any chance they can make a wrong a right and possibly ask Michael Lewis to come to IU? or he is too entrenched where he is at?

I’ve heard he’s looking for a head gig. He’s ready for one too. If we are looking for any past players to take over the program, Michael Lewis should be the first place we look. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

Myles Colven a Purdue recruit. Woodson told all juniors they had to visit campus before getting an offer, Fife went out the next day and offer Colvin who was already telling people he was going to Purdue like his dad. 

See I don't like ultimatums like that.  If the next "all world" recruit decides he'll only visit where he has offers, then what.  Gotta stay flexible.  

And this is why Its not a real loss he’s gone. Go get a bag man Woody. If he never played at IU fans wouldn’t care but since he did it’s somehow a sky is falling scenario. Fans need to let go of the emotional ties and look at this through a clear lens. 
The sky has been falling literally for iu for going on 25 years basically. This may not be a big deal and possibly a good thing if Dane actually sucks at coaching or couldn't recruit. Or he was good at coaching Woodson sucks but didn't like some punk telling him what he thinks lol. Hopefully Woodson knows what he is doing

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’ve heard he’s looking for a head gig. He’s ready for one too. If we are looking for any past players to take over the program, Michael Lewis should be the first place we look. 

Heard Michael Lewis was being recommended by Mick Cronin for the Ball State opening.  Don't know where that is currently at.