Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

Just now, Chris007 said:

JG is the one I'm afraid of. He is getting a strong push from mom to come closer to home. 

I remember you mentioning this last offseason. Hopefully the coaching staff realizes the special talent JG is and offer him the role/minutes he deserves. From there, nothing else we can do. 

Just now, IGotMeAWoody said:

I remember you mentioning this last offseason. Hopefully the coaching staff realizes the special talent JG is and offer him the role/minutes he deserves. From there, nothing else we can do. 

Yes all depends on who comes back

23 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

He is 68 years old, we sure as hell better not bring him on as an AC. We need guys that can recruit, end of story. Especially if Woody isn't going to listen to anything they have to say anyway.

Just to be clear I don’t think it’s likely OR a good idea

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Remember Dane was against the NIL, didn't land a single recruit, said MSU had the best student section, and p*ssed off HS coaches around Indiana. Also offered a recruit when he was told not to. I like Dane as a person but don't feel sorry for him

100% on all of this. There is a reason Dane left MSU and it was not because they liked him. Both fans and Izzo were fed up with him and I feel pretty confident saying that. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

JG is the one I'm afraid of. He is getting a strong push from mom to come closer to home. 

oh good lord. Didn’t he go to high school far from home? 

I like this move. One of my biggest problems with Woodson’s coaching this season was his stubbornness. He stuck with rotations that didn’t work. He played players who weren’t playing well (Kopp/Stewart). So, I’m glad to see that he isn’t the same way with his staff. Getting rid of an ‘IU guy’ after only a year is a tough decision. It wasn’t working with Fife so he made the hard decision to fire him. 

Fife also rubbed me the wrong way in interviews/on social media, so I’m especially not sad about this. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

100% on all of this. There is a reason Dane left MSU and it was not because they liked him. Both fans and Izzo were fed up with him and I feel pretty confident saying that. 

Yeah fair or not MSU folks blamed him for MSU taking Foster Loyer and Thomas Kithier rather than having space for others

Just now, Chris007 said:

Myles Colven a Purdue recruit. Woodson told all juniors they had to visit campus before getting an offer, Fife went out the next day and offer Colvin who was already telling people he was going to Purdue like his dad. 

Ohhh right

20 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It was known that he butted heads with Izzo at times but Izzo didn’t want yes men. Woody I’m not so sure…

That's the part that scares me about this move.  Kid had a decade or more under Izzo and with a successful program and suddenly he's "not a fit."  If that means he had different opinions and wasn't afraid to express them, we may be in a little bit of trouble.  

I hope he gets a head coaching job somewhere.  Good luck to him.  

I have no idea if the way Woodson is doing things staff wise will work and is def unorthodox. 

The Fife thing though is a separate issue and he acted like an @$$ and know-it-all at both IU and MSU. He needs to humble out if he wants to succeed as a coach anywhere. That is bottom line here. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Remember Dane was against the NIL, didn't land a single recruit, said MSU had the best student section, and p*ssed off HS coaches around Indiana. Also offered a recruit when he was told not to. I like Dane as a person but don't feel sorry for him

Who did he offer that Woodson didn't want?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Myles Colven a Purdue recruit. Woodson told all juniors they had to visit campus before getting an offer, Fife went out the next day and offer Colvin who was already telling people he was going to Purdue like his dad. 

Even without any extra info, that offer to Colvin did seem sorta out of left field.