Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Not like this 

This one's on Dane as I think. I have no insider info, but he rubbed me as a no at all jack @$$ this year. Not being mean but this was reality every time I heard him speak.

Seemed like he was acting like a child among adults in the room and I know for a fact he was not well liked at MSU.   

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

This one's on Dane as I think. I have no insider info, but he rubbed me as a no at all jack @$$ this year. Not being mean but this was reality every time I heard him speak.

Seemed like he was acting like a child among adults in the room and I know for a fact he was not well liked at MSU.   

He lets his ego get in the way sometimes. He's too cool for school. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This one's more easy to read than the first one I posted.

This statement basically confirms what I thought in a very nice professional way. 

13 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I don't consider Fife leaving or Lander transferring bad news or wrecking momentum.

Fife has rubbed me the wrong way all year and at MSU he was not liked at all. Lander can't play at all. 

We may get some bad news eventually but I don't consider either of these a problem or stalling momentum.

I've said from the beginning.  Whomever got Lander to reclassify gave the kid the worst advice ever.  He just physically wasn't and isn't ready for Big Ten.  Lander needs to go to a smaller program, get a few years on him, see if he fills out a bit and then try the Major College program route again.  I wish him nothing but the absolute best and do believe he is making the right decision in finding a new spot to play Hoops.

The Fife thing intrigues me a bit.  I always assumed Fife was the succession plan..looks like I was wrong...again ......

Peegs and TOS have this. Was he fired? Did he not get along with Woody? Where is he going? Who will replace him? 

No insider information here. But it was painfully apparent that something wasn't clicking on the staff during games. Fife was 'assigned' to Woody. Now Woody can pick his assistant. I have no problem with that.