Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

Jeremy Woo, writer for Sports Illustrated, just released his top 100 draft prospects. Now this isn't a mock draft where some of these guys could get drafted higher or lower based on team need. However, he listed TJD as the 85th best prospect.

Full Article

3 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

Jeremy Woo, writer for Sports Illustrated, just released his top 100 draft prospects. Now this isn't a mock draft where some of these guys could get drafted higher or lower based on team need. However, he listed TJD as the 85th best prospect.

Full Article

ESPN has him rated as the 15th best power forward, 67th best prospect in the draft.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

It just takes one team to decide that TJD's skills fit in with their needs. 

His decision is going to based on his projected draft pick.  Banking on the 'one team deciding they want him' isn't a good narrative for him to follow.   If a team likes him at, say, 35, there are other players they will also value at 35.  

11 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

His decision is going to based on his projected draft pick.  Banking on the 'one team deciding they want him' isn't a good narrative for him to follow.   If a team likes him at, say, 35, there are other players they will also value at 35. 

TJD's decision is going to be based on whether or not a team commits to putting him on their team.  Even if it appears he will be drafted at 32, 33 or 34, if there is no real commitment to making an NBA roster he is coming back to play at IU next year. TJD can make more from NIL than from playing in the D League. Irrespective of what he may have told a reporter, where he might be drafted is not the issue. The issue is whether he would be drawing an NBA salary rather a G League salary.

Is there anything substantial to the random Twitter accounts saying good news from Trayce today? I always assume those are people who read one sentence from peegs and then spin it all over Twitter lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Is there anything substantial to the random Twitter accounts saying good news from Trayce today? I always assume those are people who read one sentence from peegs and then spin it all over Twitter lol

POST IT!!!

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

TJD's decision is going to be based on whether or not a team commits to putting him on their team.  Even if it appears he will be drafted at 32, 33 or 34, if there is no real commitment to making an NBA roster he is coming back to play at IU next year. TJD can make more from NIL than from playing in the D League. Irrespective of what he may have told a reporter, where he might be drafted is not the issue. The issue is whether he would be drawing an NBA salary rather a G League salary.

Yup, especially if he rides his decision out right up until the deadline. If he does that, then it tells me he's fishing for a promise from a team, which happens all of the time in the NBA. 

34 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

What random Twitter account? I haven't seen anything. 

Wishful thinking, although, I believe it’s a matter of time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

No team is going to do that. If a team tells a middling draft prospect that they are definitely taking him at #35ish and putting him on their NBA roster, 3 weeks before the draft, they are lying to whomever that prospect is. So much will happen between June 1st and the draft and even more on draft night there is no way to make such a guarantee. TJD, especially having a father experienced in the business of the NBA, will be making his decision on well informed  approximation of his value, not a single teams "guarantee."