Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

35 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Would love to see this:

TJD, Race, JG, JHS, and X lineup (Holy Sh.....)

Bates, Trey, Kopp, Banks, and Duncomb coming off the bench (hoping for a quick Duncomb off season improvement plan).

Sprinkle in Leal and Gunn

Towards the end of the season, think I'd rather have seen more Leal than Trey or Kopp. 

33 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I would love to see what an injury free Trey could do.  I have zero confidence in Kopp (please don't start him next season).

Treys shot is just insanely broke. Towards the end of the year, teams were giving him the Westbrook treatment and sagging way off. 

2 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

I would love to see what an injury free Trey could do.  I have zero confidence in Kopp

You think Trey Galloway is a better shooter than Miller Kopp? Don't be ridiculous. Most players who are poor shooters going into their 3rd year of college don't suddenly become really good shooters. Good shooting requires relentless practice, but natural ability is also a critical factor. Trey Galloway is not going to suddenly become a good 3rd point shooter even with practice (which he presumably had been doing all along). Hopefully, he will improve enough that opposing teams don't slack off of him at 3-point range, as has become the case. Miller Kopp and Xavier Johnson are the two best 3-point shooters left on the team but I read posts every day arguing for sitting them down. IU's 3-point shooting was bad enough last year without benching their best shooters.

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

You think Trey Galloway is a better shooter than Miller Kopp? Don't be ridiculous. Most players who are poor shooters going into their 3rd year of college don't suddenly become really good shooters. Good shooting requires relentless practice, but natural ability is also a critical factor. Trey Galloway is not going to suddenly become a good 3rd point shooter even with practice (which he presumably had been doing all along). Hopefully, he will improve enough that opposing teams don't slack off of him at 3-point range, as has become the case. Miller Kopp and Xavier Johnson are the two best 3-point shooters left on the team but I read posts every day arguing for sitting them down. IU's 3-point shooting was bad enough last year without benching their best shooters.

Never once did I say that Trey was a better shooter than Kopp.  The versatility that Trey has is much better than Kopp.  Miller is a better spot up shooter, but that is everything in his basket.  What I am saying is that I truly believe we would've won 2-3 more games if we would have had a healthy Trey.

I agree that we need a 16-17ppg shooter in this lineup, but I don't see this out of Kopp.  Trey can manufacture points and/or make others around him available to score.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Perfect heel move.    If they win then they were suppose to win and if they don’t he will bury them.    I remember Archie’s first year he said they would compete for the B1G that year.  The same kids he said earlier got the last coach fired 

Wish people would quit giving Dakich so much attention (this isn’t directed at this). He does so much just for ratings and attention with the profession he is in. I do like his game commentary when he was broadcasting, just not so much his twitter/radio show. 
Anyway, back to the topic, love seeing Race back, and I don’t mind playing small ball with the Race at the 5 (if TJD doesn’t come back). Just wish Kofi would leave lol. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

I agree that we need a 16-17ppg shooter in this lineup, but I don't see this out of Kopp

Since we don't have a 16-17 ppg shooter on the team and we don't seem to be in serious contention for such a player in the transfer portal, we will likely have to go with what we have. Galloway, as an energy player and in the absence of measurable progress in his 3-point shooting, is best suited for coming off the bench. Tamar Bates shows more potential as a scorer both from 3-point range and getting to the basket than Galloway. Hopefully, he can make a jump from freshman to sophomore that puts him in contention for a starting role.

Current Tarvik projections for next season -- note that they do not include fifth year players unless they have already announced that they are coming back or have left open that possibility.  For instance, Kopp isn't included even though we've basically heard he's coming back but he's never announced that he was;  same with X.

---------------------------

TJD:  32 mpg, 18.9 ppg, 8 rpb, 2.3 apg

Race:  31 mpg, 13.6 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.9 apg

Hood-Schifino:  27 mpg, 10 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 apg

Galloway:  26 mpg, 6.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.4 apg

Bates:  25 mpg, 8.9 ppg, 3 rpg, 1.6 apg

Geronimo:  21 mpg, 7.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.9 apg

Duncomb:  15 mpg, 4.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg

Banks:  12 mpg, 3.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg

Gunn:  7 mpg, 2.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.8 apg

Leal:  4 mpg, 0.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg,

2 hours ago, cleeter said:

I honestly believe that if we had Trey for the Cuse and first Wisky games. we wouldn't have lost those. All hypotheticals, but still. 

Well Kopp and Stewart combined for 50 points at Syracuse so I doubt Galloway would have gotten huge minutes in that game.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Current Tarvik projections for next season -- note that they do not include fifth year players unless they have already announced that they are coming back or have left open that possibility.  For instance, Kopp isn't included even though we've basically heard he's coming back but he's never announced that he was;  same with X.

---------------------------

TJD:  32 mpg, 18.9 ppg, 8 rpb, 2.3 apg

Race:  31 mpg, 13.6 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.9 apg

Hood-Schifino:  27 mpg, 10 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 apg

Galloway:  26 mpg, 6.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.4 apg

Bates:  25 mpg, 8.9 ppg, 3 rpg, 1.6 apg

Geronimo:  21 mpg, 7.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 0.9 apg

Duncomb:  15 mpg, 4.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg

Banks:  12 mpg, 3.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg

Gunn:  7 mpg, 2.3 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.8 apg

Leal:  4 mpg, 0.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg,

Cool to see.  I don’t think JHS averages 10 but I could see the assist numbers being a little higher.  Hopefully JG gets more run.  Duncomb, probably less.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well Kopp and Stewart combined for 50 points at Syracuse so I doubt Galloway would have gotten huge minutes in that game.

Valid point. I forgot about that. I was just thinking about the stalled offense and the turnovers. Try might not be the best athlete, but dude is good at times to drive and dish or a layup/floater when the offense gets stagnant. Something Parker and Kopp seem to never do

3 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Wish people would quit giving Dakich so much attention (this isn’t directed at this). He does so much just for ratings and attention with the profession he is in. I do like his game commentary when he was broadcasting, just not so much his twitter/radio show. 
Anyway, back to the topic, love seeing Race back, and I don’t mind playing small ball with the Race at the 5 (if TJD doesn’t come back). Just wish Kofi would leave lol. 

Speaking of Kofi, has he made his decision public yet?