Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Yessiree!!

We’re looking at a worst case scenario of race at the five, Jordan G at the four, and potentially adding Reneau to the mix.

Or, we may get another year of Trayce and Race, with development of others plus a five star point guard.

Next year is going to be very very good. Cannot wait!

Is that really true though? How confident are we JG is coming back?

14 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Is that really true though? How confident are we JG is coming back?

I have no idea. 

I assume that we will get at least one of TJD or Jordan G back. That’ll do the trick either way.

If we get both back and Jordan can develop into our three? That’s hot stuff.

Assume this is likely why there hasn't been a huge push for a big in the transfer portal -- staff felt Race (and perhaps Trayce) were coming back.  Either way, unless both Trayce and JG are coming back we likely will still need another big.  Would love it to be Reneau, but if not him will need Duncomb to develop in the offseason or have someone else on board.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Wait is Jordan G in the portal. I had missed that

No, he's not.  The thought is he might enter the portal if it didn't look like he would be a starter/getting starting minutes next season, so unless he were to move to the three he could transfer if both Race and Trayce were to come back.  His family (particularly his mother apparently) would like him closer to home.

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

Why does that matter? If the goal is to be a pro and he feels his best chance to become a pro is to play in some form of pro basketball then that should be his course. If he feels he can greatly improve his game with CMW and become a mid 1st rnd pick then maybe he picks that path.

I imagine a guy like TJD isn't thinking, I likely will fail as a pro so I better have one more year as the BMOC before my life as a failure.

No he should be thinking, I'm going to be a 2nd round/undrafted anyways, might as well go make some NIL money and spend another season as a collegiate star and king of campus. 

55 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Race needs a place to live this next school year.

Anthony Leal @anthonyl3al

Hoosier nation! Somebody help my guy find a house to live in next year (seriously though)

Mean his roommate isn't returning?

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

No he should be thinking, I'm going to be a 2nd round/undrafted anyways, might as well go make some NIL money and spend another season as a collegiate star and king of campus. 

Doesn't matter what you think he should be thinking.  You aren't him.  

The way you make him sound -- 2nd round/undrafted makes him seem like a guy that isn't going to make it as a pro anyway.  So why would you care if someone of that level came back or not?

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The way you make him sound -- 2nd round/undrafted makes him seem like a guy that isn't going to make it as a pro anyway.  So why would you care if someone of that level came back or not?

I don't care how good a guy will be in the NBA, if they are a great college player that should all that matters.

15 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Well as a 2nd rounder or going undrafted, would last anywhere from probably 0-3 years in the NBA or somewhere around that. Doesn't mean he won't make it, but why go sit on the bench even you can be a star? 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well as a 2nd rounder or going undrafted, would last anywhere from probably 0-3 years in the NBA or somewhere around that. Doesn't mean he won't make it, but why go sit on the bench even you can be a star? 

$

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I have no idea. 

I assume that we will get at least one of TJD or Jordan G back. That’ll do the trick either way.

If we get both back and Jordan can develop into our three? That’s hot stuff.

Our wish list Is crazy and a little unrealistic in terms of players and minutes. In order to gain what we want, we may have to give up some things we like.

Extremely happy to hear Race is returning as I was a little worried about boards/presence underneath.

For our ceiling to really rise,  however, we still need at least one 1/2/or 3 “go-to” guy that is a threat from the perimeter, can take it to the hole and get his own shot. We were limited last year by having one dimensional offensive wing/guard which also caused us to be inordinately focused on getting the ball to TJD at crunch time (which was painfully obvious to the other teams). Perhaps  X, Tamar, Trey or JG can be that guy next year but that’s a lot of “ifs/maybes”.

In any case….welcome back Race.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

My apologies. I was unaware you knew what he should be thinking.