Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s the way I take it. I’m just like you l can’t see both of those guys taking six figures and leaving. It would seem to be burning some bridges by doing that. Also fans don’t want to donate money to players not on the team. 

I think a lot of people thought Race was going to enter the portal. But I do know he went home to talk to his family recently so maybe he told them about this off and decided to stay. I do know they really want JG to stay. I believe they are open to him playing the 3 next season. Should be interesting next few weeks. Oh I believe Rabby about TJD. He might as well test the waters but I think he knows he can make at least 200K here next year. 

All in on JG playing the 3 and he has shown he can knock down some 3's. Who's to say he doesn't grow another inch or two and puts on another 10-15 more pounds of muscle this offseason?  He works on his 3 ball and Race improves on his 3-ball confidence (which he showed last year vs. the prior years), I think we could be ok:

PF - TJD - 6'9" 245 / Duncomb 6'9" 235

PF - Race - 6'8" - 235 / Banks 6'8" 215

SF - Geronimo - 6'6" 225/ Schifino 6'5" 210

SG - Bates 6'5" 195 / Leal 6'5" 205 / Gunn 6'5" 180

PG - Xavier - 6'3" 200 / Galloway 6'4" 200

Looks like we need another big in the portal and as always a shooter.......

If Trayce, Race, X, JG, Bates all return and then you couple that with Banks, JHS, and Gunn Indiana already won the off-season.

I wondered what it would take to get us preseason top 20 or so. I think this does it, and more, tbh. Then shooters gotta get better. I’d hope pace picks up. Some other coaching things.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, Chris007 said:

I still think JHS starts over Bates but that’s my opinion.

Yeah Chris, wouldn’t be shocked if they start out early sorta rotating, then JHS locking it down as season goes on.  

I do however think Bates shows a big jump this year, which is good for us all the way around.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still think JHS starts over Bates but that’s my opinion.

I also think the 1’s, 2 and 3 positions are going to be pretty fluid and interchangable in certain parts of the game.  Especially if all improve their ball handling, penetrating and shooting.

8 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Yeah Chris, wouldn’t be shocked if they start out early sorta rotating, then JHS locking it down as season goes on.  

I do however think Bates shows a big jump this year, which is good for us all the way around.

I agree when X is suspended you have JHS, TB, JG, Race, TJD

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If Trayce, Race, X, JG, Bates all return and then you couple that with Banks, JHS, and Gunn Indiana already won the off-season.

I wondered what it would take to get us preseason top 20 or so. I think this does it, and more, tbh. Then shooters gotta get better. I’d hope pace picks up. Some other coaching things.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Rothstein currently has us at #16.

1 hour ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

All in on JG playing the 3 and he has shown he can knock down some 3's. Who's to say he doesn't grow another inch or two and puts on another 10-15 more pounds of muscle this offseason?  He works on his 3 ball and Race improves on his 3-ball confidence (which he showed last year vs. the prior years), I think we could be ok:

Agree on all of this. Not to mention, JG showed a nice, quick mid range pull up jumper, as well. I would be ecstatic if Woody gave him the keys at the 3. His bright future, has SF written all over it. Next step in development is key this off-season. 

51 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Based on Woodson’s persistence on upper classmen, I can’t imagine Kopp not starting or playing ahead of Leal or in the mix at the 3 with Geronimo. You say we need another shooter but then leave off one of the better shooters we have on the team. (unless I’m missing some recent news about Kopp leaving or something)

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If Kopp starts over JG, I might have to have a chat with Woody.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

There is just no way I can see Miller Kopp starting. Only if you get the Syracuse Kopp which really only happened once.

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Based on Woodson’s persistence on upper classmen, I can’t imagine Kopp not starting or playing ahead of Leal or in the mix at the 3 with Geronimo. You say we need another shooter but then leave off one of the better shooters we have on the team. (unless I’m missing some recent news about Kopp leaving or something)

You’re right, I did leave out Kopp and just now saw that…..lol

It was not intentional, but basically I see him as a backup at the 3 because he’s not aggressive and showed no confidence at all, especially the last 10-15 games.  He also never attacks the basket, how many layups did he hit this year on a back door screen or from a dribble drive?

So yeah he is the ‘shooter’ I missed.  Just not the high volume shooter that I was hoping we would get in the portal.

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sorry to ask straight up, but does today’s news pretty much mean Trayce and Race are coming back? Rabby thinks Trayce will still go through the process. Again, I cant see them giving anyone NIL money if they won’t be here next year. That would be stupid… give it to someone who will be here. 

They theoretically can't give it to them to stay, but maybe it's a calculated risk to make them feel indebted enough to stay.

1 hour ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Yeah Kopp being left out was not intentional,  I guess he should be ahead of Leal and Gunn, but don’t think he should be starting.

4 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I mean, maintain that, but over more usage. If he was able to raise his season % and become a legitimate threat, not just 1 or 2 a game.

I get that. Thats not just on him to get him those opportunities though. That's why its not just "shooters" that we need. 

1 hour ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

You’re right, I did leave out Kopp and just now saw that…..lol

It was not intentional, but basically I see him as a backup at the 3 because he’s not aggressive and showed no confidence at all, especially the last 10-15 games.  He also never attacks the basket, how many layups did he hit this year on a back door screen or from a dribble drive?

So yeah he is the ‘shooter’ I missed.  Just not the high volume shooter that I was hoping we would get in the portal.

Our portal players were mostly bad.  I'm speaking of Kopp and Stewart.

8 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Guys, I don't want to pee in anyone's cheerios, but I read this type of stuff around this time last year.  Only to be somewhat disapointed.  So I'm from Missouri -- show me.  :)  

All we can do until November is talk, though.  It’s not like we can show anything until then.