Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Which you rather have:  incoming five-star, highest rated incoming Big Ten freshman player or Parker Stewart?

I think that's a pretty easy one myself.

That's not the question or point.  We were a ninth place B10 team with glaring weaknesses.  Unless a single player is dominant on the floor, you can only realistically expect moderate improvement.  Right now we're relying on incoming freshmen and off-season skills work to make us better.  We should be better as things stand today (IMO).  

At this point it looks like we're on track for a 2-3 year rebuild - and that's fine, but we have a long way to go to be contenders.  Unless we find a difference maker in the portal, my expectations will be tempered.

22 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

I used to serve him on a weekly basis. He'd come in Mon-Fri at the same time and order the exact same stuff. If a guy was the server, tip was $12. If the server was female, the tip was $13. LOL

Let me guess Lennies?

56 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

That's not the question or point.  We were a ninth place B10 team with glaring weaknesses.  Unless a single player is dominant on the floor, you can only realistically expect moderate improvement.  Right now we're relying on incoming freshmen and off-season skills work to make us better.  We should be better as things stand today (IMO).  

At this point it looks like we're on track for a 2-3 year rebuild - and that's fine, but we have a long way to go to be contenders.  Unless we find a difference maker in the portal, my expectations will be tempered.

I don’t disagree. I like the addition of JHS but until we upgrade the 3 and 4 positions we won’t go too far.

race is a nice player but we need a shooter and Kopp is so limited at the 3

4 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

If Thompson and Davis came back it'd be a big help to the front court, especially Davis.  Not sure where the shooting comes from because no one on the roster is any better than average and I don't know Gunn will be ready on the defensive end for many minutes.

I'd say there's a chance for Race to have a big leap forward in shooting.

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

We had glaring weakness' and still blew several games because we couldn't finish. We aren't that far away from winning several more games.

Plus this team will be able to work on things preseason, rather than having to learn them. And,  coach taught D first. Now we can concentrate more on the O.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He already did during the last third of the season.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He shot 42% the last 16 games. 

I mean, maintain that, but over more usage. If he was able to raise his season % and become a legitimate threat, not just 1 or 2 a game.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

List of IU's best 12 incoming recruits since 2000 according to 247sports:

8.  Jalen Hood-Shifino

Overall......I'd say the odds are pretty good of him being pretty darn good as a freshman.  He is the highest rated Big Ten recruit this upcoming season.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Well if so, then thank you NIL and buckle up boys and girls. Next year is gonna be a really good one!

Some of you may be tempted to dismiss the value of them coming back because it would be the "less interesting option." For me? I would find it incredibly interesting to see IUBB kick some @$$ in year two of the Woodson era. A rotation that includes Trayce, Race, X, JHS, Tamar, Jordan G, Miller ZK, and Trey is a winner winner winner.

Don't forget Banks and Newton.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

We had glaring weakness' and still blew several games because we couldn't finish. We aren't that far away from winning several more games.

Plus this team will be able to work on things preseason, rather than having to learn them. And,  coach taught D first. Now we can concentrate more on the O.

What I really hope to see is Woodson and staff running plays for perimeter scoring and inside - out. A lot of our lack of outside shooting was on the staff, with the insistence on playing through the post / TJD. But we also have guys like Bates who should significantly elevate their roles who can score at different levels on the court so part of that growing O should come with that more dynamic play than Stew and Kopp standing on the perimeter— Def hoping to see that O grow a lot this season

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

It came out my senior year of high school, bet I watched it 1000 times 

Sorry to ask straight up, but does today’s news pretty much mean Trayce and Race are coming back? Rabby thinks Trayce will still go through the process. Again, I cant see them giving anyone NIL money if they won’t be here next year. That would be stupid… give it to someone who will be here. 

4 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Obviously JG has to earn it, but would love to see him start and Race come off the bench to spell both him and TJD. Doubt it happens though

I’d love to see a competition between those two. split their minutes 50/50 if you have to assuming it works. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sorry to ask straight up, but does today’s news pretty much mean Trayce and Race are coming back? Rabby thinks Trayce will still go through the process. Again, I cant see them giving anyone NIL money if they won’t be here next year. That would be stupid… give it to someone who will be here. 

That’s the way I take it. I’m just like you l can’t see both of those guys taking six figures and leaving. It would seem to be burning some bridges by doing that. Also fans don’t want to donate money to players not on the team. 

I think a lot of people thought Race was going to enter the portal. But I do know he went home to talk to his family recently so maybe he told them about this off and decided to stay. I do know they really want JG to stay. I believe they are open to him playing the 3 next season. Should be interesting next few weeks. Oh I believe Rabby about TJD. He might as well test the waters but I think he knows he can make at least 200K here next year. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s the way I take it. I’m just like you l can’t see both of those guys taking six figures and leaving. It would seem to be burning some bridges by doing that. Also fans don’t want to donate money to players not on the team. 

I think a lot of people thought Race was going to enter the portal. But I do know he went home to talk to his family recently so maybe he told them about this off and decided to stay. I do know they really want JG to stay. I believe they are open to him playing the 3 next season. Should be interesting next few weeks. Oh I believe Rabby about TJD. He might as well test the waters but I think he knows he can make at least 200K here next year. 

Yes..I can't imagine his current teammates would be happy if he had that deal and left. It could've gone to Geronimo or someone else. I think anyone like Trayce should go through the process if they are a borderline draft pick. But I've just thought all along they were staying. They are really going after Malik as far as bigs go. And it sounds like it won't be a problem getting him if they both stay. 

10 minutes ago, croneleoni said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd9B457t

Let's book our tickets now Hoosiers fans!!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope..it's about time we make it. In all seriousness why can't IU make it next year? Villanova was the only final four team to make it past the first weekend last year. Sounds like they''ll return 4/5 starters with a 5 star freshman. Add in our bench guys, Kaleb, and CJ I really do think this team could be a top ten team if they can get a legit proven shooter in the portal. Even a Nick Zeisloft would do wonders for this team.