Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

16 hours ago, Chris007 said:

So let's assume Race does enter the portal. We have X, JHS, TB, JG and TJD starting

I'd be shocked if TJD stays. We need him to stay but he's risking a potential late 1st round / second round draft slot. It's a very weak draft!

Unless he makes a bunch of 3's next year, I don't know if he can improve his draft stock more. His FT shooting needs to improve so there's that as well I suppose. 

25 minutes ago, Trish said:

I'd be shocked if TJD stays. We need him to stay but he's risking a potential late 1st round / second round draft slot. It's a very weak draft!

Unless he makes a bunch of 3's next year, I don't know if he can improve his draft stock more. His FT shooting needs to improve so there's that as well I suppose. 

He can improve his outside shot, he will also most likely be the preseason BTPOY. He could have an NCAA tournament as Bacot did.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He can improve his outside shot, he will also most likely be the preseason BTPOY. He could have an NCAA tournament as Bacot did.

And, he will most assuredly make more from the NIL at IU than in the G League.

He'd make the most in Europe, but that's a whole different animal for someone that wants to be in the NBA.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He'd make the most in Europe, but that's a whole different animal for someone that wants to be in the NBA.

Yeah. That’s the question - does he want to start making more money by playing in Europe? 

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not to mention a war's going on

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Uh-oh:  TJD tweeted a frown. 

OK insiders and/or amateur psychologists -- what's it mean?

Coincides with the end of the game last night, so it could be related to that. 

It was within minutes of Kansas beating UNC. If I remember correctly Trayce and Bacot on UNC are buddies. Not only did UNC lose, but Bacot rolled his ankle and wasn't able to play for the end of the game.

Just now, cleeter said:

I just saw this. Does that mean they are representing those charities for the next year? 14 athletes, $470K. Now it does say some athletes receive more money than others if their reach is better. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I just saw this. Does that mean they are representing those charities for the next year? 14 athletes, $470K. Now it does say some athletes receive more money than others if their reach is better. 

That's what I am wondering. It did say that they can be "former athletes, or athletes that turn professional could still help/participate"
So is it a quick grab, or something they plan to carry with them after leaving IU. I just dont see what Race could offer unless he is doing this while enrolled. Or I am just totally misreading it.

I am hoping this is a situation where we are giving these deals to players as an enticement to stay. Agreed I can’t see Race doing this if he is planning on leaving for somewhere several states over, and I imagine that Trayce has more reach x10 than anyone else on the list. Hopefully someone finally said “Hey here’s a 100k check to stay on campus for a year and help us win some games”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

I am hoping this is a situation where we are giving these deals to players as an enticement to stay. Agreed I can’t see Race doing this if he is planning on leaving for somewhere several states over, and I imagine that Trayce has more reach x10 than anyone else on the list. Hopefully someone finally said “Hey here’s a 100k check to stay on campus for a year and help us win some games”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this would only add to the NIL deals that Trayce has/had. I know he just signed a Hisense one and if I recall he had a deal with Pennzoil and some bank. But don't quote me on that.