Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Am I the only one shocked at how little news is happening on this subject? I expected alot more action by now

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Not the only one, no. Based on what Chris posted the other day it sounds like the only remaining intrigue is where you’d expect, on TJD, Race, and JG. As you’d expect, there’s contingency there (and of course beyond that, in what IU does in the portal and/or with remaining ‘22s).

There will be years with more turbulence, but it speaks to CMW and staff’s vision, relationships/relatability, and communication with their team.

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Am I the only one shocked at how little news is happening on this subject? I expected alot more action by now

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I’m actually not surprised.  Waiting on TJD.  I think this is going to take awhile to shake out.

I remember watching Lander playing against Caleb Love a few years ago. Probably the first time I had concerns about Lander being overrated. No comparison talent wise. Fast forward and Love is playing for a NC. Never thought Lander would barely play in 2 years though.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I remember watching Lander playing against Caleb Love a few years ago. Probably the first time I had concerns about Lander being overrated. No comparison talent wise. Fast forward and Love is playing for a NC. Never thought Lander would barely play in 2 years though.

Its unfortunate how badly they missed on Lander. 

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Archie missed so badly he thought Kristian Lander could skip his senior year in high school.

Oh I agree. The scouts are doubling down on it, though lol 

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Archie missed so badly he thought Kristian Lander could skip his senior year in high school.

That’s the worst part, I think. If he plays another year of HS ball I think it is possible some of his flaws become more apparent and he drops to a mid 4* guy and there’s less expectation on him. Nobody expects him to contribute a ton his freshman year (this year). 

Having him graduate early just accelerated all the problems and hype. 

10 minutes ago, str8baller said:

That’s the worst part, I think. If he plays another year of HS ball I think it is possible some of his flaws become more apparent and he drops to a mid 4* guy and there’s less expectation on him. Nobody expects him to contribute a ton his freshman year (this year). 

Having him graduate early just accelerated all the problems and hype. 

I think had he stayed at Reitz and had a summer 2020 AAU season he would've fallen to the 40's-70s in rankings for sure. In-State wise Kaufman and Furst would've passed him. I was pumped we were getting him because I thought he would be a solid PG. But I never saw 5 star when I saw him play. It sucks. I hope he ends up at a good school for him. 

9 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think had he stayed at Reitz and had a summer 2020 AAU season he would've fallen to the 40's-70s in rankings for sure. In-State wise Kaufman and Furst would've passed him. I was pumped we were getting him because I thought he would be a solid PG. But I never saw 5 star when I saw him play. It sucks. I hope he ends up at a good school for him. 

He shouldn't have been in the top 150. He was never overly productive and his teams didn't thrive.  

17 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

In the world of, 'could be nothing, could be something' from the same gentleman from Kentucky who broke the X news on Twitter yesterday, he is now tipping that Race is testing the transfer portal waters.  Do with it as you like...

1203518620_ScreenShot2022-04-04at7_58_49AM.thumb.png.aa3593ad0539d567a84059cf753b6ce2.png

Like you said -- maybe there's something to this, maybe there's not. 

But kinda interesting he said an announcement will be coming "in the following weeks." 

Geez -- I would hope so. I would hope the players would let the staff know of their plans pretty soon, so they can get to work on what next season's roster will look like. Maybe even before "the following weeks."

Heck, I could go on Twitter and say TJD's decision is coming "in the following weeks" -- and I wouldn't be wrong! 

24 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

In the world of, 'could be nothing, could be something' from the same gentleman from Kentucky who broke the X news on Twitter yesterday, he is now tipping that Race is testing the transfer portal waters.  Do with it as you like...

1203518620_ScreenShot2022-04-04at7_58_49AM.thumb.png.aa3593ad0539d567a84059cf753b6ce2.png

Weeks? 

I like Race and all. Would be happy to have him back. IF we get TJD back, I’m ok with Race moving along. If we lose both at this point, based on who we are recruiting, targeting we are in a world of hurt.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Hearing there's going to be some changes within IU basketball within the next couple years....

^^This^^

Last week there was much chatter when another board's "insider" (lol) said there would be an announcement about IU's roster while showing that eyes-wide-emoji. Oh the humanity! Such a revelation!

My response? I predicted, with full disclosure that I had no info whatsoever, the same thing.  Because ANYONE talking about ANY program that predicts impending player news in mid-April will be correct.