Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

20 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

While I hope Rob doesn't transfer to PUke, I won't hate on him if he does.  He handled himself with poise and class and won some really big games for us.  I watched so many of Rob's high school games and I hate it that his IU career didn't turn out better.  I hope he lands at a program that will provide him with a great sendoff to his collegiate career.  

Same. I don’t get the urge to boo him. He gave his all for 4 yrs; things just never materialized for him.  

On top of that, he’s a probably a league avg backup PG, at best. He won’t appreciably help any of the teams we’re trying to pass in the standings.  I think Purdue would be a dumb option, but if that’s where he thinks he fits in best then more power to him. 

5 hours ago, str8baller said:

Same. I don’t get the urge to boo him. He gave his all for 4 yrs; things just never materialized for him.  

On top of that, he’s a probably a league avg backup PG, at best. He won’t appreciably help any of the teams we’re trying to pass in the standings.  I think Purdue would be a dumb option, but if that’s where he thinks he fits in best then more power to him. 

I will not hate or boo Rob, but he would lose some of the Hoosier "status" he has built up within the program and with the fans, no doubt about that.  And I really don't see him getting more playing time at PU than he would have gotten here, nor is PU guaranteed to be "great" or anything. So if he goes there it's more about "going home" which would be odd to me, but whatever, things are not like they used to be so I wouldn't be shocked, just disappointed. It's not like all of a sudden he's going to be great. Al and Armaan didn't just start lighting it up after they left. Rob's biggest problem is he can't stay healthy. If he could stay healthy he could have a better year. But he's not going to shoot 40% from three, score 15 pts a game or lead a team to the final four. If he had that ability, he would have shown that at IU at some point. He's shown he can have stretches of decent offense (manly driving to the basket) while playing solid defense, but unless one of these team is offering him 30 minutes a game (and he can stay healthy) I can't imagine we'd see much difference. Very few players switch teams and just become way better merely because of a change of scenario. 

Edited by OGIUAndy