Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

29 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I know it’s unlikely but I’d like to see Leal move on. He’s not B1G level and will just take up a guard spot sitting the bench.

Leal would be perfect at ball state, I think he’s good enough to contribute at IU but he could be a major contributor at ball state

56 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yes. Let's have the only player on the team who has a basketball IQ above a potato, move on. 

The guy can’t play at this level. IQ doesn’t matter from the end of the bench. You have to go back 25 years to find a lesser talented Mr Basketball.

21 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

The guy can’t play at this level. IQ doesn’t matter from the end of the bench. You have to go back 25 years to find a lesser talented Mr Basketball.

He could definitely play. Woodson just didn't. Nothing he couldn't do that Kopp couldn't. 

12 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I don't understand your take on this. Would you rather have a bench guy that isn't all about IU and feels entitled to more minutes only to be upset after a year and transfer? Or one who loves IU, understands why he isn't getting the playing time but will stick around for 4 years and may very well carve out a rotational role on the team by his senior year? I'll take the 2nd option 100% of the time

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I want better players. Period.

23 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I want better players. Period.

He is perfect to be your 12th player.  He will bring it every day In practice and be a great teammate.  You realize that you will not play.more than 9-10 man rotation so great players won't he coming to be your 13th man.

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

no he won't. Even if he doesn't play he isn't taking anyone's spot, the 13th scholarship player hardly ever plays. He is ALL IU and is by all accounts a great rep of the university. Not sure what else you would want from an end of bench player who actually can help in some situations

He wasn’t recruited as a 13 guy. He was supposed to be able to play at this level.

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

He wasn’t recruited as a 13 guy. He was supposed to be able to play at this level.

Have you watched these tournament games because teams are only going 7;8 deep on their rotations.  I bet our fan base are the only ones worrying who our bottom couple of players are.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Have you watched these tournament games because teams are only going 7;8 deep on their rotations.  I bet our fan base are the only ones worrying who our bottom couple of players are.

You make zero sense. An open scholarship allows you the chance to bring in better players lol!

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

You make zero sense. An open scholarship allows you the chance to bring in better players lol!

I guess you just don't understand roster construction.  If you brought in 13 4 and 5 star players you will have 4 very unhappy players who will leave.  Can you tell me who the 11-13 players are on say UK or Duke who recruits a lot of top recruits.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess you just don't understand roster construction.  If you brought in 13 4 and 5 star players you will have 4 very unhappy players who will leave.  Can you tell me who the 11-13 players are on say UK or Duke who recruits a lot of top recruits.

I don’t think UK typically uses all of their scholarships.

edit:  checked on verbalcommits.com.  Having trouble determining their exact numbers because I don’t know if they have removed portal transfers yet.  However, three scholarship players were 2 star recruits.

second edit:  should be noted a couple of the two stars that are transfers that had contributed elsewhere before coming to UK.

also if note is a player that transferred to UK — C.J. Frederick from Iowa — didn’t suit up for them this year.  Season ending injury before the season. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I don’t think UK typically uses all of their scholarships.

No they don't because there is no need for them to because they no they will only au an 8 man rotation

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess you just don't understand roster construction.  If you brought in 23-13 4 and 6 star players you will have 4 very unhappy players who will leave.  Can you tell me who the 11-13 players are on say UK or Duke who recruits a lot of top recruits.

Leal wasn’t recruited as a fill the spot end of bench guy. He simply hasn’t preformed at this level. His parents have ties to IU which is why he isn’t going anywhere.

3 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

no he won't. Even if he doesn't play he isn't taking anyone's spot, the 13th scholarship player hardly ever plays. He is ALL IU and is by all accounts a great rep of the university. Not sure what else you would want from an end of bench player who actually can help in some situations

The point would be to replace him with a NOT bottom 5 player, who actually is in the rotation.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

The point would be to replace him with a NOT bottom 5 player, who actually is in the rotation.

I understand the point

I also understand that the point isn’t reality in college basketball