Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Rate The 2021-2022 Season! Staff + Players

Overall: C+

Staff: C

Players: C+

———-

I had us at 20 regular season wins, we ended with 19. A lot of close losses that could’ve led us to a greater seed in the dance, but overall we did deserve our 12 seed. 

Next year could get ugly if we don’t improve in the portal, which is a long shot of course. 

Woodson: His rotations are gross at times, the offense is quite bad at times, but the defense looked stout. He has potential but he’s going to have to make some major changes offensively if he wants to win. I'm wondering if we lose any assistants this year now that they got a year of experience under Woody. 

Players: The Players I’d like to see back include Johnson, Jordan, Trey, and Leal. Everyone else.. eh. 

- Thank you TJD for your service this year, incredible season. Best of luck in the draft this summer! 
- Race was tremendous this season. His play down the stretch was rough, not sure where that came from. But he was the perfect role player. I hope he moves onto a program that can compete for a national championship next season!

Happy off-season boys and girls , it’s going to be a long one. 

Thank you to the staff and players for a great year.   Not how anyone wanted it to end.    The good was great and the bad was really bad but a foundation has been set.   Doesn’t guarantee future success but it’s a starting point.    Bonus for me this year was actually watching them win an actual NCAA tournament game live.    Thanks for everyone on here that followed along this season here.   Best online Indiana basketball community and it’s not close.   

Way more positive than anything I could come up with. Lol.

C

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The tourney run and the Fugly Wyoming win put lipstick on the pig of an otherwise bad season. So thankful to make the tournament but realistically we shouldn’t have any season worse than this one at Indiana. But I beLieve we certainly will.

Staff:C+. Lost too many close games. Developed zero shooters. Terrible closing games. Terrible offense. Great defense except tonight. Kept the team together and motivated.

Trayce:A

X: B

Race:B-

Rest of the crew:D

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

C-. Better than last year’s F, but there’s a lot of room for improvement. I didn’t find this season to be particularly enjoyable to watch, in large part because of how ugly our offense was. A year like this should be a down year for the program, ideally. I thought Woody may have turned a corner over the last week, but then his rotations killed us again tonight.

I’d like to see Thompson/Trayce/Johnson/Geronimo back. Trey and Bates are in the next category of guys I think I’d like to see back but am not completely sold on. The rest of the team… no comment. We need major influxes of talent on the wing and at the guard spots (depending in part on Xavier’s decision). Need shooters in a major way. In all likelihood we’ll also need to replace 30 pts and 16 rbs a game in the frontcourt. Next year could be real ugly, but it’s far too early to know. 

I'll give it a low B. 80%. A C is understandable too. Anything lower...I'm just not sure why you are a fan to be honest. My expectation was to make the NCAA tournament. This roster wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but there still were a lot of question marks. 

Last Thursday to this Tuesday was the happiest I've been with IU basketball since probably the 2016 NCAA Tournament win over UK. Let's not make this the peak. Keep it going into next year. For Trayce- thanks for giving it your all these last three years. I doubt he comes back. As for Coach Woodson, thank you for getting this team back in the big dance. He still has lots of room for growth as a college coach. 

This program has to hit the portal hard. I don't want to trash any of the players but some of the guys just didn't give this team what they needed from them. Indiana has to find someone who can hit a d**n shot. I am looking forward to a backcourt of X and JHS. I think Geronimo will build on his NCAA success. Would love to see him, Bates, and Galloway improve dramatically. Get a couple bigs in the portal and I think this team is okay. Let's make a jump next year. Top 4 in the Big Ten and make the second weekend of the tournament. 

I give it a c almost minus. My goal was to make ncaa tournament. But you have to go back and look at where we were to where we finished. Close games killed us. Lot of Close games are decided early in games with bad rotation and just lack of focus. We need improvement. As a older iu fan I just can't say our conference record is acceptable. We were better than that no matter what anyone on here says and that concerning to me. I also felt we under achieved worse under Archie. We have under achieved alot imo. Coaching been biggest issue but maybe our kids just stink? I don't believe that though

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I say a B 

Before the season I saw most people say they would be content with just making the tournament which happened. Tonight was a disappointment but the season wasn't.  Proud of the players and the staff for fighting through adversity and making the tournament.

B-  

I think Woodson may be a bit like Knight - better at teaching and preparation than in-game decisions & adjustments, IDK.

I think CMW's real judgement comes between now and November.  He has a year under his belt, what decisions and moves does he pursue?  

B-  

I think Woodson may be a bit like Knight - better at teaching and preparation than in-game decisions & adjustments, IDK.

I think CMW's real judgement comes between now and November.  He has a year under his belt, what decisions and moves does he pursue?  

Did you just say Woodson was better and at preparation than one of the absolute legends of college basketball? Just asking cause that is the biggest leap of faith ever lofted on this board if that is indeed what you implied lol

OK I reread your saying he is like knight but Woodson is better at preparation than in-game adjustments not better at either of the 2 than what is unarguably a top 20 all time coach. Sorry

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I'll go with a B. 

The improvement we saw on defense was excellent, and I loved that we just played straight up man to man and not the gimmicky pack-line garbage. 

Offense was awful, but we cut down on turnovers. Have to get some actual shooters in here. Just have to. 

Right now, my biggest concern is that we'll have unexpected departures from this team and go into next season just hoping to make the tournament again. 

Wasn't the most enjoyable season, but the last few wins were satisfying. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'll go with a B. 

The improvement we saw on defense was excellent, and I loved that we just played straight up man to man and not the gimmicky pack-line garbage. 

Offense was awful, but we cut down on turnovers. Have to get some actual shooters in here. Just have to. 

Right now, my biggest concern is that we'll have unexpected departures from this team and go into next season just hoping to make the tournament again. 

Wasn't the most enjoyable season, but the last few wins were satisfying. 

Unfortunately unexpected departures is something a lot of teams may have to deal with.  But it can provide us with opportunities to grab a few.

For the record, I don't like this "free agency" situation the NCAA has allowed to develop.