Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

I’m already so sick of this excuse. College kids can play 3 or 4 days in a row with no sign of fatigue during the conference tournaments, nba players can play on back to back nights and yet can somehow handle it.

Yet it’s somehow impossible for 18-22 year old kids to be be able to play a game after only being somewhere for 36 hours. I’m not sayin it was ideal or that it didn’t have some effect on the game. But any effect would be minor. We just played really poorly, and it’s really just that simple.

They play 3 of 4 days in a row in the same city against teams that have done the same. 

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I definitely saw fatigue. I saw similar fatigue when we played psu after almost two weeks off. I guess there was an excuse there too. It's good we can excuse everything as fans but hopefully there is some accountability in the program. Being fatigued and getting beat by a team that executes is one thing. Being absolutely outclassed by an equal after talking about how you were going to prove the NCAA wrong is embarrassing. I'm not surprised our players and fans can't see the difference though. We're just happy we could finally kind of dance again.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong.  Some of you have to realize that it is not 1987 anymore, there is work to do, and that your expectations need an adjustment.

9 hours ago, Trish said:

I’m not the type of person to brag or whatnot or act like I know everything, because I know maybe less than 20 things total. 

But transfer players are usually not going to be all that great. We can hope and pray to land kids in the portal but there’s no Victor Oladipo or Cody Zeller In there. 

I agree for the most part, but you do think XJ worked out though?  Also, if lose Race and Trayce, he probably has no choice but to land a transfer big or two.  Finally, I hope Stewart and Kopp hit the road jack!!!

9 hours ago, TooManyCooks said:

More pathetic coping and seething, excuses. They were a better team, IU lost. If you were a knowledgeable fan of college basketball, you would know they are nothing to be taken lightly and deserved a 5 seed based on the analytics.  They showed that today. And that's that. 

I am a knowledgeable CBB fan!  I’ve been watching CBB long before most people on here.  Yes, you are right, they were a much better basketball and probably would have beat us by at least 12 points, but we didn’t compete, and think that was partly much due to playing 4 games in less than a week and the NCAA having us travel to the West Coast for a short turnaround and to top it off they messed up the travel plans.  They looked lethargic and sluggish, and there seemed to be little to no effort after 10 minutes in the 1st half.  

58 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

I see we are still talking about the pregame travel schedule...cool...

The vast majority talking about the pregame travel schedule are those that want to argue that it didn't have an effect.  We've got one poster who's been arguing with windmills for 44 pages.

7 hours ago, lillurk said:

I think there’s a categorical difference between boilerplate “they had a tough night/didn’t hit shots” stuff and specifically saying they had absurd travel arrangements and were exhausted. 

5 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I’m already so sick of this excuse. College kids can play 3 or 4 days in a row with no sign of fatigue during the conference tournaments, nba players can play on back to back nights and yet can somehow handle it.

Yet it’s somehow impossible for 18-22 year old kids to be be able to play a game after only being somewhere for 36 hours. I’m not sayin it was ideal or that it didn’t have some effect on the game. But any effect would be minor. We just played really poorly, and it’s really just that simple.

There is no excuse in the post I made

7 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

When you are capable of having an intelligent conversation, let me know.  If not, just continue to spam the board with your 'tired' posts.  They're really clever and thought provoking.

Good luck with that.  Haters gonna hate.  

7 hours ago, iubb said:

No. But I wouldn’t expect the coach of a winning team to literally downplay a curb stompping and say what literally we all think. That IU got screwed and that the game could have ended differently if IU had the same amount of practice time as them.

If our team said this exact same thing it’s “sore looser talk”.

The fact that the coach of the winning team is saying it should hopefully get people in the NCAA HQ To wake the f up. (It won’t most likely)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who won’t acknowledge fatigue played a role is a moron. Sure, you don’t use it as an excuse, but facts are facts.  

5 hours ago, iubb said:

Come on man. They not only got in at the crack of dawn because some idiot at the NCAA failed math and sent the wrong plane delaying their arrival by 4 hours they also went across multiple time zones.

How many of us take a day or two to get adjusted when we fly to a new time zone? (Let alone going multiple time zones?

Also. This isn’t like the pros where many teams have their own flights/airplanes on standby.

The NCAA screwed multiple teams during this tourney which their incompetence in scheduling flights or even flights that ended up not fitting an entire team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s more than that.  They where up all night.  “Sleeping” on the plane isn’t really sleeping.  

57 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong.  Some of you have to realize that it is not 1987 anymore, there is work to do, and that your expectations need an adjustment.

Heck half the haters on this board where in diapers in 1987.  

48 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I agree for the most part, but you do think XJ worked out though?  Also, if lose Race and Trayce, he probably has no choice but to land a transfer big or two.  Finally, I hope Stewart and Kopp hit the road jack!!!

Johnson was pretty unreliable at the start of the season. Honestly saw a glimpse of it last night, but he was just trying to get us back into the game so I won't fault him. He deserves credit, we don't have a shot at the dance without his play the past month. He improved and I would love to see him back as our starting PG next season. He needs shooters though. 

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I was just happy we stepped on the court last night. Massive achievement. Can you imagine what it must have taken to play a game in Dayton, have to get on a plane to Portland, go through practice and walk through the next day, get a full nights rest, have another half day to get ready for the game only to lay an egg and have fans make every excuse for you? That'd be the life. Again, if I'm running a business I'm wanting these same fans as shareholders to excuse everything.

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

Johnson was pretty unreliable at the start of the season. Honestly saw a glimpse of it last night, but he was just trying to get us back into the game so I won't fault him. He deserves credit, we don't have a shot at the dance without his play the past month. He improved and I would love to see him back as our starting PG next season. He needs shooters though. 

Much easier to give him a steering wheel than to rebuild motors in others. If X returns I hope Woody has weekly assignments for him over the summer.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Travel can wear on a person, but I don't know if that was all of it because this team had shown the same things at other times through the year when they should've been rested enough.

The NCAA screwed up earlier in the season when we had almost two weeks off before psu. I guess we should have submitted our waiver to the NCAA letting them know when we could have played after resting. We were largely mentally fatigued for most of the season, a 4.5 hour flight was a built in excuse our fans would use regardless of evidence throughout the season.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The NCAA screwed up earlier in the season when we had almost two weeks off before psu. I guess we should have submitted our waiver to the NCAA letting them know when we could have played after resting. We were largely mentally fatigued for most of the season, a 4.5 hour flight was a built in excuse our fans would use regardless of evidence throughout the season.

2nd half @ Wisconsin, 1st half vs Syracuse, UM.  We'd seen warning signs, clearly wasn't addressed.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

At this point you’re just a troll.