Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I said this during the game...still can't figure out why so many of our fans thought we were "equal" with St. Mary's. 

I'd say talent wise we're their equal. Everything else they're superior and it showed tonight.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I definitely saw fatigue. I saw similar fatigue when we played psu after almost two weeks off. I guess there was an excuse there too. It's good we can excuse everything as fans but hopefully there is some accountability in the program. Being fatigued and getting beat by a team that executes is one thing. Being absolutely outclassed by an equal after talking about how you were going to prove the NCAA wrong is embarrassing. I'm not surprised our players and fans can't see the difference though. We're just happy we could finally kind of dance again.

The only thing that is tired is your act.

Just now, brumdog45 said:

The only thing that is tired is your act.

Did you not see our players tonight? Definitely tired. They over helped like they have all season and watched St. Mary's drain three after three. The ball didn't fall into their laps on rebounds and just couldn't move a few feet to secure the rebound. That's definitely being tired. It didn't happen at all during the season so we know it was because we had to fly from Dayton to Portland.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Did you not see our players tonight? Definitely tired. They over helped like they have all season and watched St. Mary's drain three after three. The ball didn't fall into their laps on rebounds and just couldn't move a few feet to secure the rebound. That's definitely being tired. It didn't happen at all during the season so we know it was because we had to fly from Dayton to Portland.

B7C9D6F7-30E8-45D9-96CB-30F7DB6B112E.gif

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wow, that team you describe would be 0-30 on the season.  Were they?

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'd say talent wise we're their equal. Everything else they're superior and it showed tonight.

We're definitely better at having "Indiana" on our jerseys...which seems to severely impact many of our fans' ability to rate the talent of the people wearing them. 

someone was going to lose the game and we knew that could be us, but did anyone in their wildest dreams think we would play like that?

that was shocking to me that on the big stage, there was no effort, no focus, no fire, no leadership. They quit playing after 10 minutes into the game. 

not shocked we lost, shocked we rolled over and quit and mailed it in before half and never changed that 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

We're definitely better at having "Indiana" on our jerseys...which seems to severely impact many of our fans' ability to rate the talent of the people wearing them. 

You're drafting teams strictly on talent not on playing as a team. What's your lineup?

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

someone was going to lose the game and we knew that could be us, but did anyone in their wildest dreams think we would play like that?

that was shocking to me that on the big stage, there was no effort, no focus, no fire, no leadership. They quit playing after 10 minutes into the game. 

not shocked we lost, shocked we rolled over and quit and mailed it in before half and never changed that 

I wish I could say that it was that shocking but it's always a possibility with this team. Hell, we did it at home against Michigan. We've done it for halves throughout the season. You would think after multiple players posted they were out to prove the NCAA wrong for the seeding they would do something about it but...

For those who care here is the video where the coach pretty much admits that if IU didn’t get in at the crack of dawn this would have been a close game or perhaps an IU win  

for an opposing coach to say this after curb stomping their opponent during march Madness is unheard of  

It’s the first few min and then skip to 11:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

We had an excellent coach that coached the heck out of them for 21 wins against an incredibly difficult schedule.

When you are capable of having an intelligent conversation, let me know.  If not, just continue to spam the board with your 'tired' posts.  They're really clever and thought provoking.

Just now, iubb said:

For those who care here is the video where the coach pretty much admits that if IU didn’t get in at the crack of dawn this would have been a close game or perhaps an IU win  

for an opposing coach to say this after curb stomping their opponent during march Madness is unheard of  

It’s the first few min and then skip to 11:00

Serious question..

Would you expect an opposing coach to say their opponent wasn't that good?

Oh F it, we got to 20 W’s and the tourney in Woodson’s year 1, Geronimo is going to be a beast next season, Bates is going to be tough, excellent pg / cg coming in and now we can see how Woodson builds a team with his recruits and actual time to work with for transfers.

That game was a disaster but I’m happy we got there in year 1 and I’m looking forward to watching the team build from this and recruiting going forward. 

The game was about what I expected.  I do think Dolson has a plan and Woody clearly isn't in it.  Hopefully he was a 1 year stop gap hire or were really screwed.  We'll see what happens.  

Lol, you serious Clark?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, brumdog45 said:

When you are capable of having an intelligent conversation, let me know.  If not, just continue to spam the board with your 'tired' posts.  They're really clever and thought provoking.

I really thought we would dominate this game as we had hours upon hours to have some team meetings when the NCAA screwed up terribly in getting us to Portland

Serious question..

Would you expect an opposing coach to say their opponent wasn't that good?

No. But I wouldn’t expect the coach of a winning team to literally downplay a curb stompping and say what literally we all think. That IU got screwed and that the game could have ended differently if IU had the same amount of practice time as them.

If our team said this exact same thing it’s “sore looser talk”.

The fact that the coach of the winning team is saying it should hopefully get people in the NCAA HQ To wake the f up. (It won’t most likely)