Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

After syracuse loss was more acceptable than UK tonight but majority of fans were done. But this program is a shell of that. We felt like Davis held us back Sampson had us rolling but crean just didn't have the coaching chops. Archie definitely didn't no debate. Woodson? Coaching has been suspect in some opinions but also did enough to get to the dance. Not giving up!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Personally I think cmw did great.  Given our obvious lack of outside shooting and still make the tournament while playing in the best conference says alot.

2 minutes ago, TooManyCooks said:

More pathetic coping and seething, excuses. They were a better team, IU lost. If you were a knowledgeable fan of college basketball, you would know they are nothing to be taken lightly and deserved a 5 seed based on the analytics.  They showed that today. And that's that. 

I agree with you TooManyCocks

4 minutes ago, TooManyCooks said:

More pathetic coping and seething, excuses. They were a better team, IU lost. If you were a knowledgeable fan of college basketball, you would know they are nothing to be taken lightly and deserved a 5 seed based on the analytics.  They showed that today. And that's that. 

Lol if you were a knowledgeable college basketball fan you would know that our team STINKS! At least according to most of our fans. 

so your win proves nothing about saint Mary of the woods capabilities 

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

How many has it been since you guys last title again? That 5-seed the highest you’ve ever been in the tourney the top of the mountain for ya? Yeah?

ok boomer

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Lol if you were a knowledgeable college basketball fan you would know that our team STINKS! At least according to most of our fans. 

so your win proves nothing about saint Mary of the woods capabilities 

Yea, I follow kenpom, not stupid boomers on a forum. Kenpom's analytics said Indiana was decent (47) but going to lose to SMC. 

Just now, TooManyCooks said:

Yea, I follow kenpom, not stupid boomers on a forum. Kenpom's analytics said Indiana was decent (47) but going to lose to SMC. 

Who is this Kenpom you speak of? Is that his first name? Or is that his last name? 

Woodson couldn't craft a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but he did make a credible change purse.  Archie left him with a hodgepodge of mediocre players, none of which could shoot worth a damn.  Beyond TJD, nobody special.

Mike knows and sees our deficiencies, I hope he and the entire staff go balls out to get the skills and type of playets we lack.

Enjoy your loss in the future in this tournament. Everyone on this board would be disappointed when we lost in the tournament but you will lose and not win a national title we will again. Enjoy your short run

2 minutes ago, TooManyCooks said:

I’m GenX. Can I have some of this amazing “knowledge” you speak of or is it just for the Boomers?

9 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I agree. I think the truth is that you need both, though. Zeller/oladipo were smart players but also exceptional athletes. Same for Cheaney/henderson, isiah/turner, etc… It’s frustrating we’ve went about a decade without putting together such a roster. 

I completely agree. I’m not saying stop at fundamentals…I’m saying start there. I’m not interested in 6’8 kids who have no basketball IQ or 6’5 guards who can’t shoot or dribble. Kids who can’t/won’t defend or communicate on the court. Ideally you get a few with both…Zeller, Oladipo, Watford, Vonleh, etc. but you’re not going to find 12 guys who are both…the rest need to be fundamentally sound. 

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

Woodson couldn't craft a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but he did make a credible change purse.  Archie left him with a hodgepodge of mediocre players, none of which could shoot worth a damn.  Beyond TJD, nobody special.

Mike knows and sees our deficiencies, I hope he and the entire staff go balls out to get the skills and type of playets we lack.

God willing he gets some horses in here. Then we can criticize his coaching a little more. There are things I like and dislike. At the end of the day, this team was not talented on the offensive end. So he crafted them into a good defensive team and they got better as the year went along.  I think that’s a net positive.  Let’s hope we can build off of it. 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Enjoy your loss in the future in this tournament. Everyone on this board would be disappointed when we lost in the tournament but you will lose and not win a national title we will again. Enjoy your short run

True story:  despite IU's poor run in the recent past, IU has 7 NCAA tournament wins in the last ten years.

St. Mary's had 6.....in their entire history.

5 minutes ago, Smcwho? said:

Dude it’s been so long since your program won a ring that half the guys on that 87 team are dead of old age.

Not sure why I'm wasting a post on this, but the players from that team are in their 50's right now. That's hardly old age. 

Maybe it seems old to you because you're like 10, or maybe you can't count? 

4 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I’m GenX. Can I have some of this amazing “knowledge” you speak of or is it just for the Boomers?

Hell, he doesn't even know what he's referencing.  IU was 47th AFTER the game, not before.  If he really followed Pom, he would know that.  IU was 39 coming in.

7 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

That's what I don't get.......we have posters who say the roster is crap and Woodson can't coach a lick.  Not sure how both can be 100% accurate if we made the tournament.

There were shortcomings.  At the minimum, there was enough there to get to the tournament.