Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

Just now, brumdog45 said:

If you feel too far down, just go to Rupp Rafters and read the threads.

They have started like a zillion new threads in a matter of minutes. Quite impressive 

Well if Woodson wants run an NBA type system he better get shooters 1 through 5 or at least 1 through four. That type of offense doesn’t work in brick city where this team lived. 
At least they can get to work on players and has more time to get it done. There are almost 700 players in the portal. Should be able to find some bigs and shooters

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Yea I checked rupp rafters. Consensus is cal should be fired. Same as ours was when crean flamed out as it should be. Fact is their expectations is where we need to get back to. We get to their level again give our coach a lifetime contract. Woodson anybody. Get us to 1 2 seed level again would be nice

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Yea I checked rupp rafters. Consensus is cal should be fired. Same as ours was when crean flamed out as it should be. Fact is their expectations is where we need to get back to. We get to their level again give our coach a lifetime contract. Woodson anybody. Get us to 1 2 seed level again would be nice

I heard Tom Crean is available!

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I honestly think they are more frustrated with Cal than we were with Crean up until his last year.  They consistently have the best to second or third best recruiting class in the nation.  IU fans never forgave Crean for the Syracuse loss....UK fans will never forgive Cal for his statement that the best he thing that could happen for him as a coach at UK would be to have five players drafted in the first round.

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Nor could most of the team today.  By the way, Race has really struggled the last 4 games.  Picked a really bad time to struggle 

To me it seemed Race was for some reason looking a little winded, a little slower and perhaps little less conditioned.

11 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Stewart and Kopp were major disappointments!

I’m not the type of person to brag or whatnot or act like I know everything, because I know maybe less than 20 things total. 

But transfer players are usually not going to be all that great. We can hope and pray to land kids in the portal but there’s no Victor Oladipo or Cody Zeller In there. 

I heard Tom Crean is available!
If I believed he could recruit and sell it like he did to get elite recruits and get us back to that level he'll yea. But I don't. Woodson job now I will give him time. Res flags sure. He needs to do some big things in development transfer portal and recruiting. Not sure how possible any of those are but we got to figure something out. Needs to decide how bad he wants iu back! Work hard at doing everything possible to get there

11 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Kentucky. 

We were going to win another game at the maximum. Disappointing. UK was thinking final four or better. They have Nola hotel reservations.  They got embarrassed and sent home by a two seed. 

I’m sure some Kentucky fans already got a national championship tattoo. Lol

10 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

We need to recruit kids who have the fundamentals first and continue to coach & emphasize their importance. Shoot. Pass. Dribble. Defend. Effort.  Everything else needs to come next. 

I agree. I think the truth is that you need both, though. Zeller/oladipo were smart players but also exceptional athletes. Same for Cheaney/henderson, isiah/turner, etc… It’s frustrating we’ve went about a decade without putting together such a roster. 

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

If I believed he could recruit and sell it like he did to get elite recruits and get us back to that level he'll yea. But I don't. Woodson job now I will give him time. Res flags sure. He needs to do some big things in development transfer portal and recruiting. Not sure how possible any of those are but we got to figure something out. Needs to decide how bad he wants iu back! Work hard at doing everything possible to get there

I think Trish was talking about crean for uk?  We don't want to stick our di$k in that bear trap again

I honestly think they are more frustrated with Cal than we were with Crean up until his last year.  They consistently have the best to second or third best recruiting class in the nation.  IU fans never forgave Crean for the Syracuse loss....UK fans will never forgive Cal for his statement that the best he thing that could happen for him as a coach at UK would be to have five players drafted in the first round.
After syracuse loss was more acceptable than UK tonight but majority of fans were done. But this program is a shell of that. We felt like Davis held us back Sampson had us rolling but crean just didn't have the coaching chops. Archie definitely didn't no debate. Woodson? Coaching has been suspect in some opinions but also did enough to get to the dance. Not giving up!

29 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Nah, they were tired before that. We lost this one when the NCAA couldn't figure out how to get a plane from Dayton to Portland or when we played 3 games earlier this week or last week.

This is exactly why we didn’t compete in this game.  I’m not saying we would have won but we weren’t competitive, a step slow from fatigue due to this.  We have competed in about every game this year, but the Michigan and this game.  If the NCAA did screw up by sending us out to Portland after a play-in game and messed up our travel plans, it could have been a different game. We were in the East bracket, these pods need to stop, IMO. If you get placed in the East, you should play in the East, not the West coast.  If you play in the West, you get placed in the West. I don’t see the point

4 minutes ago, TooManyCooks said:

He's being nice and humble. But everyone knows the truth. 

What? That IU sucks? That’s it’s fans are insufferable. That IU hasn’t won a title in 35 years!

Kopp, Race and Parker: 62 combined minutes: 2-14 FG, 1-4 3PT. 8 rebs. That hurts. Love me some Race, but that's a disappointing stretch of games if that's the end of his IU career. Those other two I've been wanting to see more bench time anyway, but feel bad for Race

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

This is exactly why we didn’t compete in this game.  I’m not saying we would have won but we weren’t competitive, a step slow from fatigue due to this.  We have competed in about every game this year, but the Michigan and this game.  If the NCAA did screw up by sending us out to Portland after a play-in game and messed up our travel plans, it could have been a different game. We were in the East bracket, these pods need to stop, IMO. If you get placed in the East, you should play in the East, not the West coast.  If you play in the West, you get placed in the West. I don’t see the point

More pathetic coping and seething, excuses. They were a better team, IU lost. If you were a knowledgeable fan of college basketball, you would know they are nothing to be taken lightly and deserved a 5 seed based on the analytics.  They showed that today. And that's that.