Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Well if Woodson wants run an NBA type system he better get shooters 1 through 5 or at least 1 through four. That type of offense doesn’t work in brick city where this team lived. 

Bro…there isn’t an offense in the world that works with our shooters.  

We could run Knights 3-2 motion to perfection but we don’t have one guy to knock down those shots. Even in the lean years we had a bailey, evans, guyton type player. We have no one remotely close to that.  

We need a talent upgrade. Maybe woody gets outclassed on the sidelines then, but you have to have a scorer or two. 

1 minute ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

This is the same group that decided that Southern Methodist & Texas A&M weren't good enough for the tournament, but Rutgers was because of a few wins.

Also decided Michigan was good enough for a bye while Oklahoma was out with basically the same resume.  (although actually Oklahoma had more total quad 1 and 2 wins).

Yes “talent” like Khuse who was recruited by such powerhouses as yeshiva university before walking on at smc. He dropped 19 and 6 on y’all! Hahahhaha

This is the quagmire. Lots of dudes can play. Some dudes look like they can play. We’ve been good at getting the latter for years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Purdue has a 100+ ranked defense. Unless they just get lucky, they’re going down and probably early.   

And I don’t hate them as much as most. But they’re flawed kind of the opposite way we are. 
I hate them but more concerned on how much bs we hear if they win a championship. I want them out and soon

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Well if Woodson wants run an NBA type system he better get shooters 1 through 5 or at least 1 through four. That type of offense doesn’t work in brick city where this team lived. 

There is no excuse that Indiana doesn't have better shooters, the State is full of great shooters every year!

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

A coaches last words trying to win in the BIG and NCAA..

“Get the dude from Ball St”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Haha normally I agree. But transfer portal changes things. We are tired/ we aren't that good. But we need bigs and transfer can recoup. Hope we play it big. 

10 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

we just got our @sses handed to us on national television by a college basketball team whose only black student on the roster is a walk-on. ok, I made that walk-on part up, but the rest is definitely true. they only have one black student on the whole team. in the most liberal city in america. and they just wrecked us. what happened?

Fatigue happened!  

Just now, str8baller said:

Bro…there isn’t an offense in the world that works with our shooters.  

We could run Knights 3-2 motion to perfection but we don’t have one guy to knock down those shots. Even in the lean years we had a bailey, evans, guyton type player. We have no one remotely close to that.  

We need a talent upgrade. Maybe woody gets outclassed on the sidelines then, but you have to have a scorer or two. 

We need to recruit kids who have the fundamentals first and continue to coach & emphasize their importance. Shoot. Pass. Dribble. Defend. Effort.  Everything else needs to come next. 

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

Stewart and Kopp were major disappointments!

Woodson's loyalty to them because of their experience has been a detriment at times. Nights like tonight and Senior Night stand out. I hope Woodson can adapt and abandon that when it's not working. Probably going to have to fill out the roster with more talent so he's not forced to make hard choices as we have a lot of flaws with our guys

7 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I mean what’s the bigger story. An IU team that wasn’t going to make the tourney 2 weeks ago and getting beat by a veteran and very good St. Mary’s team or Kentucky losing to freaking St. Peter’s. I mean wow. 

Kentucky. 

We were going to win another game at the maximum. Disappointing. UK was thinking final four or better. They have Nola hotel reservations.  They got embarrassed and sent home by a two seed. 

we just got our @sses handed to us on national television by a college basketball team whose only black student on the roster is a walk-on. ok, I made that walk-on part up, but the rest is definitely true. they only have one black student on the whole team. in the most liberal city in america. and they just wrecked us. what happened?
They were an older well disciplined team that has shot makers. Indiana has none of that.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

The B1G needs to switch the Mens and Women's Tournaments since the Women's NCAA Tournament only plays 1 game during this first weekend.  It would give all the mens big ten teams an extra week to prepare for the tournament and rest.