Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

we just got our @sses handed to us on national television by a college basketball team whose only black student on the roster is a walk-on. ok, I made that walk-on part up, but the rest is definitely true. they only have one black student on the whole team. in the most liberal city in america. and they just wrecked us. what happened?

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Purdue has a 100+ ranked defense. Unless they just get lucky, they’re going down and probably early.   

And I don’t hate them as much as most. But they’re flawed kind of the opposite way we are. 

The difference is purdoodoo can score with anyone. They've been really bad defensively recently but if they can get the possessions they'll be fine. Iowa went down today because they couldn't get out and run or get the number of possessions they needed. They didn't get enough looks for their best player either.

We need to figure out how to score yesterday. Defense is great but if you can't score..

2 minutes ago, Smcwho? said:

Yes “talent” like Khuse who was recruited by such powerhouses as yeshiva university before walking on at smc. He dropped 19 and 6 on y’all! Hahahhaha

Can’t imagine how boring your college is if you’re  here. Sorry you were (still are?) are nerd. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Agreed, it's the first time any of this happened this season. Makes sense.

LOL. Really? I must have missed all the games where IU played like this. All the games where they couldn't make even the bunnies, couldn't get a loose ball or rebound, or guard a stationary chair. Whatever it takes to deny the obvious and continue the tantrum. 

If IU beats Rutgers in the regular season or Iowa in the tournament they would have avoided the play in game and likely have been a 10 seed. 

No sure thing.

The NCAA would twist itself into pretzels when they announce we get a worse seed then what we deserved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, chicagoHOOSIER said:

we just got our @sses handed to us on national television by a college basketball team whose only black student on the roster is a walk-on. ok, I made that walk-on part up, but the rest is definitely true. they only have one black student on the whole team. in the most liberal city in america. and they just wrecked us. what happened?

Saint Mary's is from the gated part of the Bay Area, where the real snobs live.  The creme de la creme of snobbery.  You can see Napa Valley from Moraga.

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We know we need to get WAY better.

If We lose Trayce and maybe Race. We’ve got NO bigs worth a hoot.

I like Bates and Geronimo coming back. I like JHS. But it’s tough after that. Staff has a ton of work to do to make NCAA next season. A top 25 team? Slim, slim chances.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I bet Trayce & Race come back next year

Just now, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Well if Woodson wants run an NBA type system he better get shooters 1 through 5 or at least 1 through four. That type of offense doesn’t work in brick city where this team lived. 

For this reason I hope he looks for a more flexible post type of player.  I love TJD's game, but he's really not a fit for this system if he is a go to guy.  

The bangers in this league are eventually going to go by the wayside.  Cockburn is gone.  Not sure how much longer Dickinson will be here.  Edey may go this year.  Hope we don't look to recruit a player for the five times a year they play against that type of player.

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

I mean what’s the bigger story. An IU team that wasn’t going to make the tourney 2 weeks ago and getting beat by a veteran and very good St. Mary’s team or Kentucky losing to freaking St. Peter’s. I mean wow. 

and their cheerleaders can't do what our cheerleaders can do