Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

That's my fear. Happy we made the tournament and pleased with the run we made to get there, but we're back to the Crean inbalanced rosters after this year if Race and TJD leave. Only guards coming in and we need some guys in the post. Durr and Geronimo aren't going to get it done

Got to go to the JC ranks and get some bodies!

That's my fear. Happy we made the tournament and pleased with the run we made to get there, but we're back to the Crean inbalanced rosters after this year if Race and TJD leave. Only guards coming in and we need some guys in the post. Durr and Geronimo aren't going to get it done
I have a feeling x will be the only returning starter and we are going to need at least 6 or 7 portal guys

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Long offseason.  Not looking great for next year right now but moves will be made.  Just have to see how it plays out.

I’m excited about it. This team probably reached its ceiling. Besides Bates and Geronimo should have started and played Kopp/Stewart’s minutes.

Can they make the right moves? Can we find 2 B1G quality bigs in the transfer portal and a quality shooter or 2?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, brumdog45 said:

I don't think we need to worry about Durr.  Can't imagine him being around.  

He'd have to sit out a year if he left though I thought I read. If he's done with basketball that's one thing, but if not I can't imagine he'd be eager to not play. We need to find someone to play in the post. Geronimo is athletic, but it's a big ask for him to bang around down there with a Edey or whoever else is in the conference next year

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

It shouldn’t be. As great as TJD was it isn’t healthy to rely on one player. 

Good programs have guys step up. We’ll need two good players. Small chance XJ goes up another level. But if Geronimo or Bates or Galloway do we’ll have a solid squad. Then we build from there

It’s better to have one guy to rely on than no guys. If he and Race leave as expected we’re going to be looking at a Duncomb/Durr front court rotation. That’s even more depressing than this game.

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We know we need to get WAY better.

If We lose Trayce and maybe Race. We’ve got NO bigs worth a hoot.

I like Bates and Geronimo coming back. I like JHS. But it’s tough after that. Staff has a ton of work to do to make NCAA next season. A top 25 team? Slim, slim chances.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Lots of potential there but for the most part inexperienced potential we'll be relying on to be really good just to be a middle of the pack Big 1.o team. I'm sure we'll find a way to make them All Big 1.o type players and win the summer though. ;-)

Just now, maharkn said:

I have a feeling x will be the only returning starter and we are going to need at least 6 or 7 portal guys

Gulp, we didn't have a great batting average on portal guys this season. .333 which I guess is HOF worthy, but this ain't baseball

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Yep.  Unfortunately there's little evidence Duncomb is set to be a contributor (another fantastic Archie recruit) in the foreseeable future either.

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

He'd have to sit out a year if he left though I thought I read. If he's done with basketball that's one thing, but if not I can't imagine he'd be eager to not play. We need to find someone to play in the post. Geronimo is athletic, but it's a big ask for him to bang around down there with a Edey or whoever else is in the conference next year

I don't think the invite to return is going to be there.  I don't know about him having to sit if he left....he's played four years and have to assume he's graduated.

He needs to hang em up and go start a career

that team is good, very well coached, a catholic school, good clean guys on the team, great culture.

this is a teaching moment for everybody in the organization, top to bottom. all offseason.

I hope they watch this tape over and over and over again all offseason, and ask, what should we have done on that play, what should we have done on that play...

Just now, brumdog45 said:

I don't think the invite to return is going to be there.  I don't know about him having to sit if he left....he's played four years and have to assume he's graduated.

Yeah, wouldn't blame the staff if that happened. I thank him for the minutes against Purdue which were huge, but I think he proved he's not really a B1G caliber player. Interesting offseason for sure. We're going to have to find some guys for sure