Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

Just now, str8baller said:

Yea, I do. They’re not last years team. They can be beat by average teams. You saw they’re offense stall out for 35min today against a bad team .  I like Gonzaga, but they’re not the best team in the country this year

They'd still smoke us. They are good, IU is average at best. Until we can find some shooting there are going to be games like this

Just now, RoadRage said:

Kopp isn't even looking for his shot....this guy needs to get his confidence back, a couple of threes from him to start this half would be huge!

Not only is Arch in the building but so is Sean Miller. Can't expect Kopp to have any confidence!

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not even a half to bust out the excuses. I'm glad we don't have people on here that actually had to travel and do work that really mattered. Goodness.

Firing off a few emails on the plane is the same as playing high level basketball.  

I like this take. Gonna ask my boss for a cheer squad tomorrow. 

Dude I bet you couldn’t handle a 5 hour flight and have juice to play a game, let alone the amount of games and travel this squad has had to deal with in a weeks time.. 
You are correct I wouldn't know I think if we come out with energy and make a game out of this your theory will be debunked. I feel st marys played us great

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

They'd still smoke us. They are good, IU is average at best. Until we can find some shooting there are going to be games like this

And Purdue would smoke St Marys. Doesn’t mean we didn’t beat Purdue. Everyone knows we lack shooting. 

We’re down 12. A lot can change quickly. Please stop with all the angst, people. This team has obvious weaknesses and we’ve known it all year. If this is it, they finished the year strong. But they’ve still got a chance to come back in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Gonzaga got beat for 35 minutes?  They were up 22 with five minutes left.  They are a 1 seed, ranked #1 on Pom and are the Vegas favorites to win the tournament.  Do you really want to go with Gonzaga's not that good?

As someone who has them beat in the second round, I choose to take that stance.

Just now, str8baller said:

And Purdue would smoke St Marys. Doesn’t mean we didn’t beat Purdue. Everyone knows we lack shooting. 

Do you really think Gonzaga wouldn't be in the top half of the B1G? Sure they wouldn't go undefeated in the conference and regular season like they did last year, but Few has that program rolling and has for a while. Landing some big fish on the recruiting trail now too. I wish we could play offense like they do. So envious of the way they get the ball up the floor and get into it

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Firing off a few emails on the plane is the same as playing high level basketball.  

I like this take. Gonna ask my boss for a cheer squad tomorrow. 

Try harder, basketball games <<<< life or death consequences daily. Some days, all day for months at a time.

Just now, DLG3 said:

We’re down 12. A lot can change quickly. Please stop with all the angst, people. This team has obvious weaknesses and we’ve known it all year. If this is it, they finished the year strong. But they’ve still got a chance to come back in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is IU.  Angst is part of the modern emotional rotation.

Honestly they’re tired. IU’s defense was always good with previous teams that shot it late.  It’s those last seconds where I see tired feet and giving them too much space.  I try to call it how I see it. My main issue with Woodson  is that he’s to loyal to players that start.