Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IU vs St Mary’s - Thursday: NCAA Round of 64- 7:20 pm ET on TBS

They'll be fine, they are young college kids used to staying up until crazy hours late into the night.  Guarantee they even stay up kind of late hanging out in their hotel rooms tonight even if they are a little tired.  They'll wake up feeling fresh tomorrow.

Hope to see a LOT of Geronimo, more of Bates, X and Race settling down and firing on all cylinders, Galloway more under control and focused, and someone hitting from outside.

Not going to sweat the travel & delays, these guys can handle that for one game, and I'm betting the nerves are behind them -- here we come St Mary's

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Was wondering about Race. Anyone notice that he isn't playing like he did earlier in the conference games? 

Is he so beat up that bruises are on top of bruises? I understand that he always gets tough assignments.

Thank goodness that Geronimo has hops and has developed that special sense.

Someone said he was sick the other day so maybe that was what caused his play last night

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Someone said he was sick the other day so maybe that was what caused his play last night

Last night I was surprised to see him breathing heavily after a couple times down the court and couldn’t believe he looked winded so early in the game. Thought it might have been nerves but recently being sick could be the explanation.

Two takeaways so far:

1. The media hates IU because they’ve been proven wrong every step of the way (firing Crean, hiring Archie, firing Archie, hiring Woodson, first four loss, etc.)

2. If that’s the best another conference has while IU has one of their worst shooting nights of the season, IU is one of the best teams in the country. 

Just now, NOLA Hoosier said:

Two takeaways so far:

1. The media hates IU because they’ve been proven wrong every step of the way (firing Crean, hiring Archie, firing Archie, hiring Woodson, first four loss, etc.)

2. If that’s the best another conference has while IU has one of their worst shooting nights of the season, IU is one of the best teams in the country. 

Wyoming didn't win their conference or tournament so it's not their best, Neither is St. Mary's, neither will be UCLA. So we have a few games before we see a conference-best. 

I had a sort of pragmatic thought this morning: first off, it's very unlikely this team can get to the E8 or beyond (s16 is a huge longshot even) - we're too limited on offense and inconsistent overall.  But, it's why they play the games.  What is encouraging is that our players & staff get what amounts to an "extra" game & venue - not beneficial for this tournament, but added experience and exposure.  Two NCAA games at two venues, at minimum, could pay dividends next year and beyond with players like Geronimo, Galloway, Bates, and to a lesser extent any other upperclassmen that return.

It's all good, man.

saul.jpeg

2 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Two takeaways so far:

I've been trying to tell people forever that the media hates IU basketball, it's fan, any success they have. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Wyoming didn't win their conference or tournament so it's not their best, Neither is St. Mary's, neither will be UCLA. So we have a few games before we see a conference-best. 

Any team that makes the tournament is one of the “best” from their conference, no? Like we aren’t talking about playing San Jose State here (although Wyoming made it to their conference final). I’m just saying IU is playing the tops of conferences not named the B1G, and I could be overly-optimistic but I see B1G teams going further this year. 

3 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Any team that makes the tournament is one of the “best” from their conference, no? Like we aren’t talking about playing San Jose State here (although Wyoming made it to their conference final). I’m just saying IU is playing the tops of conferences not named the B1G, and I could be overly-optimistic but I see B1G teams going further this year. 

Where are you getting Wyoming made their conference final? Someone the other day had Wyoming winning their conference title or something too. They won their quarterfinal game against UNLV by 3 then lost to Boise St. by 7 in the semifinal.