Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Any idea what the likelihood TJD could return next year? I know he had one foot out the door last season, but I was wondering if the fact that the team may finally be gelling could persuade him. Also, being over looked in all-American voting may leave him with something to prove. Not sure what his draft stock is looking like.

Thoughts?

He’ll def test the waters - work out for teams etc., and whether he comes back likely depends on the feedback he gets including whether another season could benefit him in scouts’ / teams’ eyes or not from a draft perspective, weighing possibility of injury, etc. He’s had a strong year regardless of All American Team voting. He hasn’t shown outside shooting and hasn’t changed his game much from last season, from what we see in games, but that’s only part of the picture, how he works out for teams including shooting, finishing with both hands, tells the teams more than what we see in games.

I think he comes back. He's not quite ready IMO.

We'd be awesom if he did. Give some of the new guys a mentor. TJD wants his legacy to be that he was on the team that got us out of the "darkness" as he put it.

I’ve heard Blackmon is getting near 500k contract overseas. Albeit, another ACL tear and some sort of buyout.

Anyway, if Blackmon can get that, Trayce can do just fine overseas. He’d be a killer.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

But I want him back too, cuz, why not.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

TJD is a lock for getting drafted. Very weak draft, there’s a chance he could sneak in late 1st. But he’s going second round more than likely. 

They’ll send him to the G League and let him develop. He has potential. 

3 hours ago, Trish said:

TJD is a lock for getting drafted. Very weak draft, there’s a chance he could sneak in late 1st. But he’s going second round more than likely. 

I don’t agree he’s a lock to get drafted but at best, he’s a mid 2nd rounder unless he can somehow work on his jumper and impress scouts with it at the combine. He’s undersized for an NBA 4 who can’t shoot so weak draft or not, he needs work. Can we seriously not get him an NIL that’s 5x what a G League contract would be? If Woody can convince him he’ll help him develop that jumper and the boosters get him a healthy NIL deal, I think it actually makes sense for him to come back. Lotta if’s though. 

3 hours ago, Trish said:

I would be more surprised if he does get drafted.  No chance 1st round.  Possible late 2nd but I would lean more to undrafted.  I don’t see the potential.  His skill set hasn’t changed since he’s been here.  Same knocks on him since he arrived on campus.

6 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I would be more surprised if he does get drafted.  No chance 1st round.  Possible late 2nd but I would lean more to undrafted.  I don’t see the potential.  His skill set hasn’t changed since he’s been here.  Same knocks on him since he arrived on campus.

Lol. At least you’re consistent. Trayce has taken his game to another level in the postseason, averaging 26.3/8.5 and 2 blocks per game on 66% over our last four, yet you’re still here beating the same old drum. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol. At least you’re consistent. Trayce has taken his game to another level in the postseason, averaging 26.3/8.5 and 2 blocks per game on 66% over our last four, yet you’re still here beating the same old drum. 

Wow....those are impressive stats, with his quickness and potential I think he goes late in the first round!