Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

Who the bracket matrix predicted IU would play

211 brackets nationwide published on the bracket matrix.

The last eight at large teams they predicted in and their average seed:

San Francisco (in on 210 brackets, average seed of 9.81)  99+% in

Davidson (in on 209 brackets, average seed of 10.56)  99+% in

Miami (F) (in on 203 brackets, average seed of 10.71) 96+% in

Michigan (in on 200 brackets, average seed of 11.07)  95+% in

Indiana (in on 200 brackets, average seed of 11.09)  95+% in

Texas A& M (in on 200 bracket, average seed of 11.32) 95+% in

Wyoming (in on 173 brackets, average seed of 11.34) 86+% in

Rutgers (in on 84 brackets, average seed of 11.57)  39+% in

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First team out:  Notre Dame, in on 75 brackets  36% in

Second team out:  tie, SMU and Xavier on 41 brackets each 19% in

Fourth team out:  Oklahoma, in on 29 brackets 14% in

Dayton, BTW was in on......just 3 out of 211 brackets.

So, according to the matrix, we would have been the first team in the play in.  Since we can't play Rutgers -- the last team they had in the play in -- we would have played either Texas A&M or Wyoming.  And it would make more sense that we play Wyoming, since they were the lowest remaining play in that we could play.  So there is that.

That said, Texas A&M has to be wondering what they did to get excluded.  On the matrix, they are third from last and the committee placed them as the fourth team out.  Meanwhile, Dayton -- the first team out -- was the eighth team out in the bracketmatrix, with fewer inclusions than North Texas.  So I guess it could be worse.....Texas A&M was included in as many brackets on the matrix as us yet were told they weren't even really close.

Final note:  I believe Michigan was the last of the bye teams -- my personal opinion is that if there were three big ten teams in the play in, they would have 'found' a way to move one of them to the bye position.  Might have happened.  I wholeheartedly doubt that would pit two conference teams in the play in.