Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Memorable March Madness Moments

1993 the fighting Steve Nash's of Santa Clara (15 seed) beat Arizona (2 seed). I watched all of that game and it was the first time I was consciously aware of how great an upset I was watching. Spoiler.....no Nash wasn't the best player on that team that particular night but you could see what he was to become as we was only a So. at the time. Honorable mention is the Bryce Drew shot for Valpo. As for Indiana 2016 O.G. Anunoby block of a KY player that is escaping my memory. It was one of the most amazing athletic blocks I had ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rcs29 said:

1993 the fighting Steve Nash's of Santa Clara (15 seed) beat Arizona (2 seed). I watched all of that game and it was the first time I was consciously aware of how great an upset I was watching. Spoiler.....no Nash wasn't the best player on that team that particular night but you could see what he was to become as we was only a So. at the time. Honorable mention is the Bryce Drew shot for Valpo. As for Indiana 2016 O.G. Anunoby block of a KY player that is escaping my memory. It was one of the most amazing athletic blocks I had ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He blocked Jamal Murray and he actually did it twice in that game. 

The look of sheer terror in the faces of then #1 seeded Purdue against #16 seeded Western Carolina.  They had two shots that just missed that would have been the first ever #16 over #1 upset.

Indiana moment:  Watching the magic run of the 2002 Hoosiers to the final game.

2002 IU semi final W over Duke

My neighbor, a Duke alum, laughingly bet if IU won that game, he would put on an IU women’s cheerleader outfit and hit the bars.

Oh the sight of him leaving the house to go bar hopping in his little IU skirt and pom poms, stays with me forever!

Thank you Jeffries!

39 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

The look of sheer terror in the faces of then #1 seeded Purdue against #16 seeded Western Carolina.  They had two shots that just missed that would have been the first ever #16 over #1 upset.

Indiana moment:  Watching the magic run of the 2002 Hoosiers to the final game.

I remember that Purdue game, they needed all the help they got from the officials and it still almost wasn't enough. 

My first memorable March Madness moment was rooting for Duke(first and last time) against undefeated UNLV in the championship game in 1991. Then, following that the next year rooting for UK(first and last time) against Duke in the Laettener stomp and shot game.

Next was probably rooting for Arkansas against Duke in 1994. That was quickly followed by OSU and Big Country Reeves run to the Final 4 the following year. 

IU related, one of the first and best was Damon Bailey's championship run.  Actual IU games, the 1992 run, especially against LSU and UCLA stand out as well as Duke and Oklahoma in 2002.