Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Memorable March Madness Moments

Any crazy moments that just always stick in your head? Ones that aren't necessarily about IU or where IU was playing? For me personally....

2013 game with FGCU vs Georgetown

2018 UMBC vs Virginia

The last few minutes of the UAB vs Iowa State game in I think like 2015 that was absolutely awesome. 

One of the craziest moments though, that I will always remember is the 2013 First Four. 16 seed Liberty who was under .500 on the year vs 16 seed NC A&T. There was a moment in the 2nd half where the teams combined for like 10 straight makes just going to and down. And for whatever reason, that's always stuck in my head. 

I will always remember watching RJ Hunter hit a last second 3 in the first round against Baylor and his dad (who was his coach and had just torn his Achilles from celebrating the conference tournament win) fall off his stool in excitement. 

dude brought them back from down 12 points in less than 3 minutes then hit a buzzer beater from 30. Was awesome

One for me that always comes to mind was the Evansville team in 1989 taking down Oregon St in overtime. That Oregon St team had future NBA guard Gary Payton on it. UE had a really good team coached by Jim Crews with Scott Hafner, Reed Crafton, Brian Hill, Scott Schreffler, and I believe Uwe Blab’s brother.

UE ran a beautiful motion offense and had great shooters. Being from Evansville, it was just a great win for that program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I will always remember watching RJ Hunter hit a last second 3 in the first round against Baylor and his dad (who was his coach and had just torn his Achilles from celebrating the conference tournament win) fall off his stool in excitement. 

dude brought them back from down 12 points in less than 3 minutes then hit a buzzer beater from 30. Was awesome

Yes! I actually shoot that exact shot now while playing ball all because of that moment. Was that 2015 too?

I could write in this thread for hours but I will just point out a couple 

Kansas St/Xavier with Gus Johnson on the  call in 2OT.  All time classic game 

Wisky/Xavier when Bronson hits a crazy 3 from the corner to win it. 

N Iowa beating Kansas when Farokeminesh drills a 3 when he probably should of dribbled it out and run clock he just says screw it and pulls 

Texas A&M down 10 with 30 sec coming back and winning in 2OT against n Iowa 

N Iowa half court winner against Texas 

The year Virginia won it every sweet 16 and elite 8 game.   I could go on and on but I will stop.  Unless I come up with a really good one 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I could write in this thread for hours but I will just point out a couple 

Kansas St/Xavier with Gus Johnson on the  call in 2OT.  All time classic game 

Wisky/Xavier when Bronson hits a crazy 3 from the corner to win it. 

N Iowa beating Kansas when Farokeminesh drills a 3 when he probably should of dribbled it out and run clock he just says screw it and pulls 

Texas A&M down 10 with 30 sec coming back and winning in 2OT against n Iowa 

N Iowa half court winner against Texas 

The year Virginia won it every sweet 16 and elite 8 game.   I could go on and on but I will stop.  Unless I come up with a really good one 

Every time Duke lost early and that one certain Valpo win!

IU 1981 win against Maryland because that to me was one of the most dominant games I have ever seen an IU team play.

Keith Smart shot to win the championship.

1987 semi final against UNLV..

Non IU the Christian Laettner shot against UK

Dwyane Wade's triple double against Kentucky in 2003. I was very young but for some reason I remember it. Is a pretty early memory for me with the 2002 run being about the earliest. But that game made Wade my favorite player and that carried into his NBA career. Absolute generational talent. 

Another random moment, Quincy Acy throwing down an absolute monster of a dunk off an out of bounds oop. That was against Xavier in like 2012 I think? I know Baylor had Perry Jones as well and maybe Quincy Miller. 

18 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I remember watching that game!  That had to be great to witness in person!

I was behind the basket where the Princeton auer hit the go ahead shot.  

Memorable but not necessarily fond. I was at the game when Kevin Ware’s leg…Kevin Ware’d. I was far enough away that we couldn’t tell what happened, but we saw Coach K and the entire Duke bench freak out and knew it wasn’t good. Had a friend behind the Duke bench and he said it sounded like a shotgun went off on the floor. 

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Memorable but not necessarily fond. I was at the game when Kevin Ware’s leg…Kevin Ware’d. I was far enough away that we couldn’t tell what happened, but we saw Coach K and the entire Duke bench freak out and knew it wasn’t good. Had a friend behind the Duke bench and he said it sounded like a shotgun went off on the floor. 

I was there as well sitting next to some Louisville fans.  Dude barked like a dog throughout the whole game.  Annoying.  Couldn’t tell what happened but then people around starting getting pictures sent to their phones and showing what happened because we had no idea what was going on   

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I was there as well sitting next to some Louisville fans.  Dude barked like a dog throughout the whole game.  Annoying.  Couldn’t tell what happened but then people around starting getting pictures sent to their phones and showing what happened because we had no idea what was going on   

Found my hatred for Louisville fans that weekend. I was at the S16 and E8 and they were awful both nights. The C-A-R-D-S chant had me homicidal.