Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Wyoming — Tuesday: NCAA rd of 68 - 9:10pm on TruTV

13 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Honestly, up until him fouling Maldanado on the 3, I thought Stewart played his best defensive game of the year (I know that's not saying much).  Stewart was on Maldanado a lot and we played him straight up.  This was his 127th college game.....and he's never had a game with TEN turnovers.

Yeah, they tried to back down Stewart.  Should have just turned around and taken him off the dribble.  Not too smart.  

A win is a win. It was evident pretty early on IU was the better team. Obviously wish they would've won by more but in the postseason who cares.

A) Wish this was the version of Trayce we got in February. He has been terrific since the 2nd half at Purdue. Hope he keeps it going. 

B) It is coaching malpractice Geronimo hasn't played more this year. He's 9th in minutes. That kid was awesome tonight! 

C) Hate to be negative but what do Parker and Miller bring? When they are in it feels only three players can score. 

D) Need Trey to play a little better than he has the last two games. 

I feel good about Thursday. I think Indiana playing a game already may help-but don't like the travel. Need someone to step up and hit some big shots Thursday. 

EDIT: Last thing I'll say...credit to Mike Woodson. This program is in MUCH better shape than it was on March 15, 2021. (Think this is the one year anniversary of firing Miller). There is so much room for improvement. But again, progress. Keep it going. 

1 minute ago, BtownStrength said:

While I'm not really either, this win was satisfying and I'm already sold on the building for the future. We made the tourney in Woodson's first season after not seeing it since Crean. This is a good night. 

Amen

Year 1 advance past UM and Illinois in the B1G tourney, finish with 20 wins, make the ncaa tourney, and win - at least - a tourney game - 

all while bringing back team cohesion, a team of guys who like and cheer for each other on the bench, and guys showing real improvement over the season — Geronimo is going to be the monster player he’s shown flashes of, X made big strides, Galloway is better (just get that jumper), Race has grown his game, and recruiting looks good - and will grow with these tourney wins - future is bright

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Honestly, up until him fouling Maldanado on the 3, I thought Stewart played his best defensive game of the year (I know that's not saying much).  Stewart was on Maldanado a lot and we played him straight up.  This was his 127th college game.....and he's never had a game with TEN turnovers.

I didn't really appreciate his defense on Maldanado until they took Parker out...yep, he did a great job on him overall!

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Amen

Year 1 advance past UM and Illinois in the B1G tourney, finish with 20 wins, make the ncaa tourney, and win - at least - a tourney game - 

all while bringing back team cohesion, a team of guys who like and cheer for each other on the bench, and guys showing real improvement over the season — Geronimo is going to be the monster player he’s shown flashes of, X made big strides, Galloway is better (just get that jumper), Race has grown his game, and recruiting looks good - and will grow with these tourney wins - future is bright

Don't forget Bates.  I think he has a very bright future at IU

8 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

While I'm not really either, this win was satisfying and I'm already sold on the building for the future. We made the tourney in Woodson's first season after not seeing it since Crean. This is a good night. 

I am glad we won, but Thursday ehhhhhh, we shall see

Just now, Hovadipo said:

HovPom has the Hoosiers by 4 because St. Mary’s stinks!

If Indiana plays the way they did tonight I think St. Mary's wins. But again, getting a game under their belt could help. I think they win if this is the Trayce that shows up. Somebody also please hit a jumpshot...anybody!!

4 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

Sometimes when a team has a terrible shooting night, the next game, they can't miss....could that happen to our Hoosiers?

Or, about 30 off shooting nights….but yes, how about Kopp and Stewart hittin a bunch of 3s Thursday.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If Indiana plays the way they did tonight I think St. Mary's wins. But again, getting a game under their belt could help. I think they win if this is the Trayce that shows up. Somebody also please hit a jumpshot...anybody!!

If IU plays about this well, BUT hits more than two jump shots, and avoids stupid fouls, I like the Hoosiers. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Agree about getting a game in. STM hasn’t played since March 8th. Advantage us on that front. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We've won 3 big, pressure-packed games in the last week. Winning in March can help fix a program's culture. Really hoping this carries over into future seasons. It's been a long time since we could go into seasons feeling we'd be at our peak in March. 

So far Mike Woodson is 3-1 in his postseason career at IU. Small sample size but compare it to the previous 5 coaches...

Miller 3-4 (1-3 without the NIT)

Crean 10-14 (4-11 without the 3 Sweet 16 runs)

Dakich 0-2

Sampson 1-2

Davis 14-11 (9-10 without the magical 2002 run)

Woody's been here for less than a year and he already has more/tied postseason wins than 3 of the previous 5 coaches.