Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Wyoming — Tuesday: NCAA rd of 68 - 9:10pm on TruTV

Re: Officiating

It'll be interesting to see how, and IF, they call anything from the bigs backing down guys in the blocks. Seems to me if you hold your ground it should be a charge, but I think I've only seen 1 call all year, that unless the guy gets absolutely run over, it's not a charge, and more likely called a hold on the defensive guy if he even breathes on the post player when he goes up for a shot.

And yet, if you even look at a guard with the ball out front, you get called for a ticky-tack foul. Arm bars will be interesting, as will fighting thru screens rather than switching.

23 minutes ago, DWB said:

Re: Officiating

It'll be interesting to see how, and IF, they call anything from the bigs backing down guys in the blocks. Seems to me if you hold your ground it should be a charge, but I think I've only seen 1 call all year, that unless the guy gets absolutely run over, it's not a charge, and more likely called a hold on the defensive guy if he even breathes on the post player when he goes up for a shot.

And yet, if you even look at a guard with the ball out front, you get called for a ticky-tack foul. Arm bars will be interesting, as will fighting thru screens rather than switching.

Yes, I think Edey and Cockburn could be in for a rude awakening in the tournament if they are not allowed to smash into the defender and knock them out of the way. 

Yes, I think Edey and Cockburn could be in for a rude awakening in the tournament if they are not allowed to smash into the defender and knock them out of the way. 
I imagine non-big ten officials will call the Edey and cockburn shuffle. Will probably see both with a few traveling calls

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

"Active Elbows"

Did some research, and for those of you who won't be able to watch the game, WestwoodOne has the radio rights to all games, so I doubt if Fisch will be on the call. 

But here's a link to all the stations in Indiana carrying the game, if you want to listen online.

https://westwoodonesports.com/stations/in/march-madness-on-westwood-one/

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

Did some research, and for those of you who won't be able to watch the game, WestwoodOne has the radio rights to all games, so I doubt if Fisch will be on the call. 

But here's a link to all the stations in Indiana carrying the game, if you want to listen online.

https://westwoodonesports.com/stations/in/march-madness-on-westwood-one/

Fisch will be on the radio. Normal stations, business as usual.

I found a radio station where you can actually "pause" the stream to sync it up with the TV broadcast. 

Sometimes the streaming devices delay the video more than the radio delay. But if you can pause the radio, then you can sync the 2. (doesn't apply to Dish & Directv)

FWIW...  http://www.wqrk.com/listen-live/

Click on the blue play button, and then pause to sync up the video.

Nervous about the KenPom projection of winning by 1/54% chance. Wyoming's post up usage of their PG/C and their ability to draw fouls combined with IU's 2 foul approach could lead to TJD and/or X being on bench for much of 1st half. I think the worst case scenario is this game has the pace/feel of the Rutgers/Wisconsin games where it is a close game throughout, but IU isn't able to pull away and folds late. I'm hoping IU is able to use their athletic advantage to get out in transition for some easy points, make three or four 3's each half and /or force double digit turnovers. If their able to do that, I can see IU making it a double digit win.

Edited by vemmeistars