Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Wyoming — Tuesday: NCAA rd of 68 - 9:10pm on TruTV

22 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Wyoming’s best player is their big, Graham Ike. Ike averages 19+ ppg, 9+ rpg, and …..

6.7 FOULS PER 40 MINUTES 

Demolish him Trayce.

Their other starting big is 6’8”, 205 lbs.

Race, demolish him too.

?

The 6.7 fouls per 40 minutes was in 12 games in 2020-21.  He's averaged 3.3 fouls in 31.7 minutes this year....4.2 fouls per 40 minutes.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Troll said:

IU not getting a lot of respect from the committee or Vegas.  12 seed play in and only a -4 on basically a home game.  Hmmm

I certainly wouldn't call it basically a home game.  Crowd being more pro-IU isn't like it being in Assembly Hall.

I would say IU being a four point favorite in against a team with the same seed is pretty generous.  Wyoming isn't a joke.  Before a little slump at the end of the year they were ranked 22nd.

They've got size.  Their starting lineup is 6'4" ,6'5", 6'7", 6'8", and 6'9".  First two off the bench are 6'7" and 6'10" -- Wenzel is the 6'7" player, so if he's out that really shortens their bench.  Noah Reynolds is their eighth man and he's their shortest rotation player at 6'3".  Hunter Thompson is the 6'10" kid off the bench, but he doesn't play 6'10".

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Mike Woodson on Indiana forward Jordan Geronimo: “I think he’s going to be able to play … he did some things in practice … I’ll have a better idea when he wakes up in the morning.”

You are more up to date than me.....I posted what he said yesterday after you posted what he said today.

9 hours ago, Five Prime said:

These are college kids.  It's probably better to have a tight schedule, less distractions.  They could play on no sleep if they had to.  

Which is exactly what the WC5 were thinking to start with !

3 hours ago, finky said:

Don't know what to make of this, not sure Archie knows much about basketball....The entire Basketball community is still trying to figure out what the "Pack line D" is........we all know it sucks, nobody can plot the x's and o's on it.........

Not so. Pack line worked in Dayton. It didn't in Bloomington.

Archie didn't recruit at the level required for the Big Ten. He also was not supported by the IU Athletics Dept. The team had issues, too.

Big difference between the support then and now. But the buck stops at the Head Coach.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Officiating crew could play an (un)favorable role in tomorrow night's game since we're used to B1G rugby games.

I honestly think that is why the B10 hasn’t faired well as far as getting a champion in the NCAA tournament since Michigan State won it in 2000

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

FYI, ticket prices are starting to drop for Tuesday games. Was at $190/ea. Not that high now.

If the committee had gotten what it wanted, it would be packed.......because Dayton would be there.  Richmond screwed that up.

That would have meant either IU or Rutgers would have been playing a road game against Dayton.  By the overall seed, you would think it would be Rutgers/Dayton....but they are the NCAA.

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Was on a Wyoming message board.  Some that had considered going aren't going to go because of airline ticket prices.  They were citing $1000 right now for a round trip ticket from Wyoming to Dayton.

Used to be in management at Dayton International Airport. Service by airlines has been reduced severely since the not so great recession. Oh well. I don't feel sorry for the opponents of Indiana. Should I? 

Naaaaaw!

40 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

If the committee had gotten what it wanted, it would be packed.......because Dayton would be there.  Richmond screwed that up.

That would have meant either IU or Rutgers would have been playing a road game against Dayton.  By the overall seed, you would think it would be Rutgers/Dayton....but they are the NCAA.

Indiana being in the first 4 threw  the committee a bit of a wrench.   was the hardest year to fit the first 4 in the bracket according to Workock.   Usually in the first 4 the last 4 at-large teams play 45 plays 46 and 47 plays 48.  If the seeds are split 11 and 12 then 45,46 game get the 11 and 47,48 get the 12.   In this years case Wyoming-45 should of played Rutgers-46 while IU-47 played Notre Dame-48.   Since IU played Notre Dame and Rutgers in the season they didn’t want to have a rematch so they switched Rutgers and IU but still gave the 11 seed to the Lowest team (Notre Dame) because of bracketing principles to fit it in the bracket.   Wyoming being the highest seed on their seed list basically got screwed out of the 11 seed game.   Complicated stuff that probably no one gives a crap about an explanation 

54 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Was on a Wyoming message board.  Some that had considered going aren't going to go because of airline ticket prices.  They were citing $1000 right now for a round trip ticket from Wyoming to Dayton.

1 day before departure, from a smaller regional to another smaller regional. That $1k isn't unusual. At least on the major carriers anyway.

13 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

1 day before departure, from a smaller regional to another smaller regional. That $1k isn't unusual. At least on the major carriers anyway.

Yeah that seems pretty reasonable really. I looked into taking a last minute trip from Indy to Tampa, so major to major, earlier in the year and it was similarly priced. At the same time, for the average person (source: did not make that trip lol) that’s pretty hefty. 

14 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I don't care how old they are, that's a lot of traveling in a small window, that can wear a person out.

Yep,

A three time zone change is meaningful.  

That being said……Let’s just hope we win Tuesday and then have to endure the travel.