Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

49 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I find it absolutely wild that Villanova was a middle of the round Big East team for sooooo long... And as soon as the Big East breaks up, they become a national powerhouse. Almost over night. Since 2013 there have only been like 2 seasons they haven't won the Big East championship and they've won 2 national titles and I'd say they have a good shot at a 3rd right now. 

He had some good teams early on that couldn’t just break through. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He had some good teams early on that couldn’t just break through. 

He had a couple good teams. But they were always in the middle of the Big East. Now they are always winning it. Same for Providence though. Providence was always in the bottom half of the Big East, now always in the top half. 

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He had a couple good teams. But they were always in the middle of the Big East. Now they are always winning it. Same for Providence though. Providence was always in the bottom half of the Big East, now always in the top half. 

Those teams with Lowry and the gang were at or near the top of the BE. It’s definitely gotten easier to win though. 

Like I posted this summer when people were pinning for Sampson—he’s a coaching liability on offense. Boring, unimaginative dribble drive. 

He’s a good coach. I don’t think anybody gets their kids to play harder. And they defend the hell out of the ball. Recruits great athletes.  But that offense is brutal and doubly so if nobody can hit a jumper. Indiana, Oklahoma, or Houston, he’ll struggle to win it all with that offense. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They can blame Ivey for not taking over all they want... But your 7-4 dude grabbed 2 rebounds. Your starting PG scored 0 points. As a team got beat by the Peacocks. Seems they played the game how they wanted to. 

Yeah, Edey and Hunter didn't play very well.  But at the end of the day, they had 27 points and 10 rebounds in the 40 minutes their big men played.  I think Ivey's lack of engagement could be shown from him not getting a single free throw all night against a team that really doesn't have anyone that can stop him.

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Like I posted this summer when people were pinning for Sampson—he’s a coaching liability on offense. Boring, unimaginative dribble drive. 

He’s a good coach. I don’t think anybody gets their kids to play harder. And they defend the hell out of the ball. Recruits great athletes.  But that offense is brutal and doubly so if nobody can hit a jumper. Indiana, Oklahoma, or Houston, he’ll struggle to win it all with that offense. 

Houston was 8th in POM offensive efficiency for the year.  Any team will struggle to win if nobody can hit a jumper.

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

Those teams with Lowry and the gang were at or near the top of the BE. It’s definitely gotten easier to win though. 

In Wrights first 12 seasons from the 2001-2002 to the 2012-2013 season Nova finished: 5th, T-3rd, 11th, T-3rd, T-1st, 7th, T-8th, 4th, T-2nd, T-9th, T-13th, T-9th. 

In those 12 seasons Novas tourney finishes: NIT Quarters, NIT 1st, NIT Semis, Sweet 16, Elite 8, 1st Round, Sweet 16, Final Four, 2nd Round, 1st Round, Didn't make a tourney, 1st Round.

Now since the breaking up of the Big East... From 2013-2014 to this year...

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, T-1st, 1st, 2nd

2nd Round, 2nd Round, Natl Champs, 2nd Round, Natl Champs, 2nd Round, Toourney Cancelled, Sweet 16, and now at least a Final Four. 

4 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Let’s play “how many fouls can Duke get away with in this game.” Gotta love that Coach K storyline, right? 

PS Arkansas is legit. Just good basketball. 

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories and blatant ncaa cheating, but i’m getting a very big oh wouldn’t it be great for ratings if Duke plays for the title feeling from our fabulous ncaa. The story line is getting pushed big time and it looks like it on the court 

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories and blatant ncaa cheating, but i’m getting a very big oh wouldn’t it be great for ratings if Duke plays for the title feeling from our fabulous ncaa. The story line is getting pushed big time and it looks like it on the court 

I believe in some conspiracies, (are they still considered conspiracies when they become fact?) and I picked Duke to win this whole thing based in part on this theory. The players still have to show up. At minimum we likely get UNC/Duke in the final 4. NCAA loves that as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app