Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

5 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

This announcer is hilarious. He’s been trying to predict everything that should happen and has been wrong almost 100% of the time. Ha. 

Steve Lappas.  Does a lot of Cbssports network games and usually is wrong a lot. Lol 

Memphis played like they should of all year.  Very talented team that was handicapped by a below average coach in my opinion.   He had plenty of timeouts to call during that Zags run and didn’t do anything.    His big man was gassed and walking down the court while Zags just kept running up and down. Memphis might of been a 9 seed but that was a top 4 seed hiding as a 9.   Great game 

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Chances Timme knocks back a sixer of natty's with Few in his office more than a few times a week?

Wouldn’t be shocking…LOL

A few weeks ago I listened to Jay Edwards on AJ Guytons podcast and Edwards said he frequently knocked back a few before games. Before games!

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s top 3 for sure. I’ve said since early season it should be Jabari Smith from Auburn without a doubt in my mind.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just looked at NBADRAFT.NET (don’t know how reliable it is) and they have Smith 1, Ivey 2 and Holmgren 3rd. TJD is projected  37th (7th pick in second round).

Of the projected top 10 picks 4 are Sophomores and 6 are freshmen.

4 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Just looked at NBADRAFT.NET (don’t know how reliable it is) and they have Smith 1, Ivey 2 and Holmgren 3rd. TJD is projected  37th (7th pick in second round).

Of the projected top 10 picks 4 are Sophomores and 6 are freshmen.

The one thing Holmgren has going for him is there aren't many guys like him.  When you look at the draft and on NBA rosters, there are lots of guys like Jabari Smith and Jaden Ivey.....most not as good as them, but most teams can do a decent job of simulating what you get from them.  IF an NBA team feels they know who to get maximum use out of Holmgren, he's hard to pass up because you aren't going to get someone like him in your system likely again.  That 7'6" wingspan is certainly hard to replicate.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

He kind of looks like a rec league guy but man it would be great for IU to have a guy like him.

A stretch 4 that gets it done?! I'd take him in a heart beat. What Candance Parker just said is 100% spot on - he told his teammates what they needed to do and then went out and did it. Players, people in general, that can lift up those around them to be better are invaluable. (Probably should be in the other thread too)

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

My wife, who rarely watches basketball, said Timme had to be at least 40.

Our rec league guy was Michael Durr.  But he looked more like the guy who jogged up and down the court a couple of times and then decided the rest of the time that if it was a fast break he was just staying at his end.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

A stretch 4 that gets it done?! I'd take him in a heart beat. What Candance Parker just said is 100% spot on - he told his teammates what they needed to do and then went out and did it. Players, people in general, that can lift up those around them to be better are invaluable. (Probably should be in the other thread too)

He plays very much like a shorter Arvydas Sabonis.  Doesn't look the part but is sneaky athletic and a very, very good passer for his size.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

He plays very much like a shorter Arvydas Sabonis.  Doesn't look the part but is sneaky athletic and a very, very good passer for his size.

And incredibly skilled. He doesn't make those shots by accident. I don't think he plays incredibly athletic but he knows what he's good at and how to beat his defender. He doesn't seem to get sped up or rush his move.

Timme is a perfect college player. Really good, but his game doesn't translate well to the NBA, and so he stays in college for 3-4 years. UNC used to get a bunch of the McD AAs who were great college players, but middling or not even NBA guys, who stuck around and it was why they were maybe the best program of the last 20 years. Talent + continuity is huge. Trayce was that guy for IU, but unfortunately he was never surrounded with talent to take advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timme is a perfect college player. Really good, but his game doesn't translate well to the NBA, and so he stays in college for 3-4 years. UNC used to get a bunch of the McD AAs who were great college players, but middling or not even NBA guys, who stuck around and it was why they were maybe the best program of the last 20 years. Talent + continuity is huge. Trayce was that guy for IU, but unfortunately he was never surrounded with talent to take advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app