Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

6 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Lmao…dude, you just saw a good coach do it and it worked (minus the bailout foul). You asked why and I told you. 

Basketball isn’t played on paper and good execution always beats a trap. Your response is akin to saying blitzing in football is dumb because it leaves someone open. “Just throw it to the open guy…eazy peazy…can’t imagine why the scrub QBs suck. “

If you want to litigate it, take it up with Scott Drew. 

but engage eight on Madden works!

Charges aren't what they used to be. Get out of restricted are and slide in front and you get the call. Used to have to be there longer stationary to get charge call

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I don't care what anyone says all the legal gambling going on raises questions. Wouldn't take much for refs to make private deals nobody would know about

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I thought this argument was total BS until I actually started gambling. I know the Vegas folks and their algorithms are smart, but no one is *that* smart. 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

I think it was a double foul + a flagrant on Bocut.  

I meant earlier in the game. It was when UNC was up 16-10. Sochan drew an offensive foul but then locked his legs around Bacot. Got called for a technical on it

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Way to call timeout with no clear possession. Trash officiating. 

It was, but the truth is it actually probably hurts Baylor.  They had the possession arrow so would have had the ball and kept the time out.  Likely not going to be another a jump ball.

17 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Lmao…dude, you just saw a good coach do it and it worked (minus the bailout foul). You asked why and I told you. 

Basketball isn’t played on paper and good execution always beats a trap. Your response is akin to saying blitzing in football is dumb because it leaves someone open. “Just throw it to the open guy…eazy peazy…can’t imagine why the scrub QBs suck. “

If you want to litigate it, take it up with Scott Drew. 

This is insightful. Looking for good debate and receiving an "I told you." Makes sense.

Where are you positioning your other 3 defenders when you trap past half court? Where are you shifting after the first pass beats the trap? Where are you positioning your other 4 players on offense?

I was looking for a different perspective, a little theory.

Doing it earlier in the shot clock would force more decisions, passes, etc. with more possibilities for mistakes as UNC was looking to burn clock and less about scoring. As the shot clock runs down they'll look to score condensing the possibilities for mistakes and the time to make them. One pass to break and then a decision to attack or dish doesn't seem like enough pressure to get the mistakes you're looking for.

You always have the option not to respond if it's too burdensome to game different situations like that.