Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

UNC on tilt now. Baylor will likely take this

UNC probably not used to having a flood of calls go against them.    Happens when your hall of fame coach retires.    Duke going to learn the hard way next year 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Why do you go really late in the shot clock to trap the ball handler? That doesn't make sense. You would think you would do that earlier in the shot clock.

You do it late because there isn’t enough time to rotate the ball around to the open guy. 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

You do it late because there isn’t enough time to rotate the ball around to the open guy. 

If that first pass is clean you have 4 v 3 attacking the basket late. I believe they went to trap with 8 seconds left in the clock. That's plenty of time to attack from half court.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

If that first pass is clean you have 4 v 3 attacking the basket late. I believe they went to trap with 8 seconds left in the clock. That's plenty of time to attack from half court.

With good close outs and positioning you have to make 3 passes to get to the open guy. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

With good close outs and positioning you have to make 3 passes to get to the open guy. 

1. pass top of key when second defender starts to trap

2. player attacks lane

3. if defender steps up you dish to open players for shot

4. else you attack rim

I'm not sure where the other pass comes from or the necessity of the pass if you don't draw a defender.

Even then 3 passes in 8 seconds could still get a decent look.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

1. pass top of key when second defender starts to trap

2. player attacks lane

3. if defender steps up you dish to open players for shot

4. else you attack rim

I'm not sure where the other pass comes from or the necessity of the pass if you don't draw a defender.

Even then 3 passes in 8 seconds could still get a decent look.

Lmao…dude, you just saw a good coach do it and it worked (minus the bailout foul). You asked why and I told you. 

Basketball isn’t played on paper and good execution always beats a trap. Your response is akin to saying blitzing in football is dumb because it leaves someone open. “Just throw it to the open guy…eazy peazy…can’t imagine why the scrub QBs suck. “

If you want to litigate it, take it up with Scott Drew. 

Culture= getting every call in the last 10 min of a game.   I watched a lot of college basketball and this could be the biggest hose job I have ever seen.  Wow 
I don't care what anyone says all the legal gambling going on raises questions. Wouldn't take much for refs to make private deals nobody would know about

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk