Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Take a look at Rutgers:  their non-conference schedule was as bad as ours.  And they SUCKED in non-conference anyway.  Think they lost four games including a Q3 and Q4 (at home).  As you said, it's like they didn't even look at the actual results of the non-conference games, just who they were against.  The fact that Dayton was their first team out (LOL) backs that up.

This all gets to my “selective application of their own stated criteria” thing, and additionally the lack of internal logic. Who cares if UM gets a NCSOS bump for playing @UCF: they lost there!

57 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

IU Ladies get a 3 seed and play in Bloomington. 1st game is vs Charlotte and 2nd round is pUKe vs Princeton. Because of course.

Really not a fan of this draw. If we had played UK on the road or a neutral site, I'd be fine with playing them at home for the second meeting. Playing them at home twice just feels...redundant, hollow, some other word I can't quite come up with. 

UConn in Bridgeport is a dead end. 

Just now, lillurk said:

This all gets to my “selective application of their own stated criteria” thing, and additionally the lack of internal logic. Who cares if UM gets a NCSOS bump for playing @UCF: they lost there!

Also opponent- and location-adjusted efficiency measures like NET, Kenpom, etc. ALREADY factor in SOS, so they’re double counting it instead of meaningful team performance measures.

I am sure Wyoming isn't too thrilled to have to be in Dayton for a game two days after the selection and then if they win flying back across the country.  But given the bracketology, they are probably happier to just get in.

Hope JG plays but that short turn around might prevent it.  We could use him to match up with Maldanado some.  That's the one troubling matchup.  Ike (their big guy) is a solid player and a big body, but IMO he isn't going to bang more than some of the guys TJD went up against and definsively I don't think he can match TJD's speed.  He has also been foul prone....he had 15 games this year with 4 or 5 fouls.

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Also opponent- and location-adjusted efficiency measures like NET, Kenpom, etc. ALREADY factor in SOS, so they’re double counting it instead of meaningful team performance measures.

Yeah this is something I want to hear the answer to but nobody ever asks it. 

13 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Take a look at Rutgers:  their non-conference schedule was as bad as ours.  And they SUCKED in non-conference anyway.  Think they lost four games including a Q3 and Q4 (at home).  As you said, it's like they didn't even look at the actual results of the non-conference games, just who they were against.  The fact that Dayton was their first team out (LOL) backs that up.

Is like I said, it just seemed like this committee was lazy

Is this some degree the IU fanbase being homers and thinking we are better or deserve better when we do? I’m pissed but wondering if I should be. Our non-conference was super soft and we still tripped up, then were below .500 in conference play.

trying to separate our love from reality 

23 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Drove by it once. Looked much bigger than Muncie but I'll take your word for it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My brother lived in Cheyenne for 10 years and Laramie is less than 100,000,  they are just a fuzz over 32,000.  Actually smaller than Muncie 

To be fair to the committee — in a backhanded way — they make a case that the college football playoff field should be larger.

Hoops tourney is large enough that the marginal decisions don’t directly determine the champ. Most teams on the outside simply could’ve performed better. Conversely a 4 team football tourney is clearly too small and usually leaves out teams with a legitimate complaint AND genuine ability to win the title.

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Honestly once the games tip off are we going to give a rat’s *** that we are a 12 seed? 

Beating the other team is all that matters. Doesn’t matter if we are a 1 seed a 12 seed or a 16 seed. Let’s go!!!

Well, we have to play our way into the real tournament, that’s the challenge. We start off in a worse spot than all but 3 other teams before anything happens

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Well, we have to play our way into the real tournament, that’s the challenge. We start off in a worse spot than all but 3 other teams before anything happens

That’s fine you worry about that. 

the players know, they have a shot at a championship no matter where they are seeded. 

38 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is this some degree the IU fanbase being homers and thinking we are better or deserve better when we do? I’m pissed but wondering if I should be. Our non-conference was super soft and we still tripped up, then were below .500 in conference play.

trying to separate our love from reality 

But isn't that why they use all these metrics?  It takes the emotion out -- the numbers say what they say. And according to many bracketologists, on here and in the media, IU was solidly in the field and not a first four team after this weekend.  It's obvious to me that they played with the numbers to do what they did.     

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

They played a much, much tougher schedule than we did and kicked our ***** the first time. 

People are letting the past few days cloud their vision. 20-13, 9-11 has bubble team written all over it. 

I’m a little torn. On one hand, I think we got screwed. On the other, we shouldn’t have even been in this position. Half our losses were by 6 points or less. We close out those games and we’re not even having this discussion.