Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

2022 NCAA Tournament / Bracket Reveal

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

I have nightmares of BASKET BY KHALEEF WYATT BASKET BY KHALEEY WYATT of IU playing in Dayton 

I was there that day. Left with a lifelong respect for the king of the old man game. We had nothing for him. 

They had to take into consideration our overall conference record.  I think we got hosed.  Other than our overall conference record, what else would they said would have justify us being that last team in

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

They had to take into consideration our overall conference record.  I think we got hosed.  Other than our overall conference record, what else would they said would have justify us being that last team in

The ONLY other thing is strength of non-con schedule. It’s a complete farce. 

2 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

He totally avoided the question 

Yeah, someone in the NCAA doesn't like IU or want us to be good.

Time to start looking into who is on the committee haha.

Is that loser Iowa AD on it?

I'm a little surprised how many people are shocked and angry over this. 4 days ago, we were NIT bound. We had a terrible non-conference schedule and won less than half of our conference games. Lunardi and others may have projected us to be higher, but those guys aren't the ones actually picking the teams. I think we landed where we deserved to be. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Haha this is so shocking…

I’m guessing noncon SOS playing into this a lot. Glad to get in. Let’s actually make a little run. It’s open for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Strength of schedule is figured into NET, kenpom, etc… 

I’m not sure how it could be that big a deal independently. 

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

We don’t have a coach who can throw a good right smack on someone. Woody needs to hit the punching bag in the off season.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm a little surprised how many people are shocked and angry over this. 4 days ago, we were NIT bound. We had a terrible non-conference schedule and won less than half of our conference games. Lunardi and others may have projected us to be higher, but those guys aren't the ones actually picking the teams. I think we landed where we deserved to be. 

I agree.

Although, Michigan playing in Indy bugs me. 

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah, someone in the NCAA doesn't like IU or want us to be good.

Time to start looking into who is on the committee haha.

Is that loser Iowa AD on it?

I thought Chris Reynolds being in the committee(and next year's chair) would've helped more