Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: Indiana vs. Iowa 3/12 - 1 pm on CBS

Yes the percentages are improving gradually, a good thing, but the number of shots -- volume -- from outside is bad. Last I checked it was actually lower than under CAM (don't know if that's still true), which is nuts -- but a reflection of playing through TJD and Race. Would expect our outside shooting numbers to grow along with percentage going forward.
Agree......Both Stewart and Kopp are catch and shoot players, pretty much unable to create their shot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I do think Geronimo could have helped guard Murray and maybe cause him to miss a few shots or keep him from getting a couple of those offensive rebounds but the committee isn’t going to care that A bench role player was out.  I think he put that out there like everyone put their comments out there. 

Geronimo would have helped a lot yesterday but I agree he put that out there in excitement at the prospect of playing in the NCAA tournament like the other guys. 

For some reason, I see Geronimo having a breakout defensive game in the tourney like Anunoby did. 

2 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Geronimo would have helped a lot yesterday but I agree he put that out there in excitement at the prospect of playing in the NCAA tournament like the other guys. 

For some reason, I see Geronimo having a breakout defensive game in the tourney like Anunoby did. 

That would be awesome, and so glad for us and him that he’s healthy and will be ready for 1st tourney game

Of course today Iowa is ice cold from 3. A few more misses would have been nice yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch how purdoodoo is defending the three today vs. how we defended it yesterday. purdoodoo has been there on the catch most of the time. The times they haven’t Iowa got some good looks.

If we defend the three the way purdoodoo is today we would have won going away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Agree......Both Stewart and Kopp are catch and shoot players, pretty much unable to create their shot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Contrast that with Bohannon — he’s probably more of a defensive liability but he’s an even better shooter than either, AND can shoot off the dribble

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Watch how purdoodoo is defending the three today vs. how we defended it yesterday. purdoodoo has been there on the catch most of the time. The times they haven’t Iowa got some good looks.

If we defend the three the way purdoodoo is today we would have won going away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol if Iu played like Purdue they wouldn’t have had a chance. 

Go Hoosiers 

Props to Iowa. IMO, very telling that I thought IU controlled the game yesterday with them, whereas, Purdue was trying to hang around the whole game. If I’m any other team in the tournament, I’m not wanting to see IU right now. And if they aren’t totally gassed, I honestly think Iowa could make a deep run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, DLG3 said:

Props to Iowa. IMO, very telling that I thought IU controlled the game yesterday with them, whereas, Purdue was trying to hang around the whole game. If I’m any other team in the tournament, I’m not wanting to see IU right now. And if they aren’t totally gassed, I honestly think Iowa could make a deep run.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Besides this being our first tourney appearance since 2016, it’s the first time since I don’t know when that I see IU as genuinely dangerous at the end of season.

Our outside game is a weakness, and it could end our run early, but the D is excellent and the point guard play with X and the way this team is playing together and mostly in sync has me encouraged. I see Geronimo as a real dark horse player, hope he sees  real minutes and takes shots

21 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

100% agree!  I think this definitely the building block of things to come next year and years after that.  This never quit, and Woodson would not let them quit.  A major change from years past.  If this team could have ever gotten good consistent 3 point shooting, we would be a ranked team this year and could compete for a National title, that’s how close I think we were this year.  Most everyone may not think so, but I do.  Just my opinion!

GO HOOSIERS!!!!

I think we got screwed on the selection, but lets see what Woody does with these fellas before we make our final conclusions.