Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: Indiana vs. Iowa 3/12 - 1 pm on CBS

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

A nice shot = one shot.  He's 7 of his last 29.  

I get what you’re saying, but those 29 shots are over 12+ games. He averages about 2 FG attempts per game. If he had been getting minutes he arguably would have developed more confidence and shot selection. Instead we watched MK and PS underperform as “shooters” all season. Tamar deserved some run in the 2nd half today. That shot he hit was a confidence booster and he has a higher ceiling than MK who finished 2-11 from the field. Woody has done some things very well, but riding the hot hands and recognizing momentum in lieu of playing the comfortable, senior lineup hasn’t been one of them. 

Just now, Five Prime said:

Iowa made 4 STRAIGHT 3s to end the game.  I repeat they made 4 straight to end the game.  They couldn't do that if they tried 20 times. 

Can’t give Bohannon those open looks. The first 2 he was wide open. The last one was a prayer. We got lucky in the first half he didn’t burn us as he had a decent look or two then. Shooters like that can’t let them see the ball go in. IU needs guys like that

Absolutely brutal. We controlled this entire game except for the last minute. Lost on an absolute prayer after clawing back from 4 to tie it. Hard to be upset with the team. These boys became men this week/weekend. Get a win or two in the tournament next week and this program completely shifted its momentum going into next year. 

How Fran McCaffery didn’t get T’d up for coming all the way into OUR COACHING BOX is beyond me. Absolutely unbelievable. 

This. Proud of the boys. But Big Ten gonna Big Ten. Him barking at our bench IN OUR COACHING BOX? What a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

A nice shot = one shot.  He's 7 of his last 29.  

I don't think anyone expected him to suddenly be an all star, but he earned at least a look in the second half.  He is more athletic than the alternatives and that 1 make is more than some had.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

We had years of “sleep walking” effort under Archie but these guys busted their butts these 3 tourney games, @PU etc.

I’ll take that in year 1.

If there’s one thing that gives me confidence going forward it is what Woody did with the D. It’s not like Stewart and Kopp are great defenders either. Think if in the future we can sub those guys with some actual scorers and continue to play top 2-3 defense in the league…we could have have some good teams. 

Just now, hoosierbgh said:

It seems his comments were far more constructive than the ones he was referring to, perhaps you should apply you own advice. 

I don’t know what your problem is, just because it wasn’t what you wanted to hear doesn’t make it less valid. Trey, Bates, Rob  needed more minutes . Very proud of this team but if you’re not going to talk about basketball on a basketball board……then what are we doing here?

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

You can’t lose that game after being up 67-58. Bad execution down the stretch with all involved. Biggest possession was when IU had three open looks from distance. Missed all three shots and Iowa goes down and ties it on just one shot

I thought the biggest play was that offensive foul called on TJD.  It should have been an and 1.  If they would have made the correct call, we win that game.  Instead that play gave them the momentum back.  

1 minute ago, BannerVille said:

I don't think anyone expected him to suddenly be an all star, but he earned at least a look in the second half.  He is more athletic than the alternatives and that 1 make is more than some had.

What did he do that 'earned' that?

And he's been more athletic than them all year.  It hasn't translated.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

You can’t lose that game after being up 67-58. Bad execution down the stretch with all involved. Biggest possession was when IU had three open looks from distance. Missed all three shots and Iowa goes down and ties it on just one shot

We simply are not a good 3-point shooting team, nor do we have a single player who is.  It's what seperates us from title contenders.

Nevertheless, This team wouldn't be playing today if TC or AM were our coach.  

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Can’t give Bohannon those open looks. The first 2 he was wide open. The last one was a prayer. We got lucky in the first half he didn’t burn us as he had a decent look or two then. Shooters like that can’t let them see the ball go in. IU needs guys like that

Sure but it is almost the entire offense for Iowa.  They are built around the 3 ball.  I'm just choosing to look at how IU is pkay8ng right now instead of focusing on the one thing another team does better than us. 

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

I thought the biggest play was that offensive foul called on TJD.  It should have been an and 1.  If they would have made the correct call, we win that game.  Instead that play gave them the momentum back.  

That didn’t help matters. Also, IU had a chance to go up 11 or 12 points and turned over the basketball. Can’t do that type of stuff

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

We simply are not a good 3-point shooting team, nor do we have a single player who is.  It's what seperates us from title contenders.

Nevertheless, This team wouldn't be playing today if TC or AM were our coach.  

The last sentence is why the future is bright. Woodson has these guys believing clearly. Not something our former two awful coaches could pull out of players

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Larry Sciritto appeared to be the ref 'handling' the situation with Fran McCaffrey.

In case you didn't know, this is Sciritto -- police chief who was fired by Fort Lauderdale a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022/03/03/fort-lauderdale-fires-chief-larry-scirotto/

Dang.  Didn't know that.  He's called a lot of our games, and I've not been impressed.  I even mentioned yesterday he looks like a cop.