Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

WHAT A WIN!!

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

Don't know if you guys caught it on the post game "desk commentary" with X, but Raphael made this statement:

"I played and Purdue and I will be a Boiler for life, but how 'bout them Hoosiers?!?"

Thought that was pretty classy of him considering the rivalry.

Yep.  And thank God he didn't do that stupid, contrived "boiler up" foolishness.

13 minutes ago, DWB said:

Don't know if you guys caught it on the post game "desk commentary" with X, but Raphael made this statement:

"I played and Purdue and I will be a Boiler for life, but how 'bout them Hoosiers?!?"

Thought that was pretty classy of him considering the rivalry.

Hummel and Davis are both very good.  Glad they overcame their previous late teen decisions.

An item from past history — seems quite often with the Big Ten tournament ending so close to the selection, the teams in the title game get slotted regardless of outcome. Could be if we make it to the championship, our seed will already be picked.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

An item from past history — seems quite often with the Big Ten tournament ending so close to the selection, the teams in the title game get slotted regardless of outcome. Could be if we make it to the championship, our seed will already be picked.

They don't have 2 contingencies ready to go? Winning the BTT could be a pretty big swing in resume quality for a team like IU.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They don't have 2 contingencies ready to go? Winning the BTT could be a pretty big swing in resume quality for a team like IU.

I’m pretty sure this is the case and has been stated in the past 

OFFICIAL APOLOGY BY ME:
In the post-game today,  X said his month-long run of outstanding play began during the Maryland pregame, when a former player who was announcing the game came up to him and braced him for not playing up to his potential. X said he took it to heart and has been at his best ever since.
Now here’s the apology:
  • I am sorry Stephen Bardo.
  • I appreciate you Stephen Bardo.
  • No matter your commentary I will never take exception with you again, nor EVER create Dr. Seuss-style rhymes mocking you again Stephen Bardo. 
I looked it up, Jim Jackson called that game.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Miller Kopp is ******* awesome. The man is a social media slayer.

This is the UM fan Barstool Sports guy who Miller absolutely demolished on-line yesterday. 

If it were a fight they'd have stopped it yesterday. Instead, the guy came back for another helping of whoopin.

Today was tough for Illinois fans because they could have pulled within 1 game of us in the all-time series. We now lead 94-91. They tied us a couple times during the Crean years but never went in front. This was a huge deal to them back then. We went up 6 games on them until they got rolling a couple years ago, then they beat us 4 straight. 

This is probably the only all-time record I actually pay any attention to because we're miles ahead of everyone else and we'll likely never catch Purdue.