Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: IU vs. Michigan 3/10 - 11:30 am on BTN

And without race. Geronimo really showed some versatility today. Hopefully races head is back in it tomorrow. Xj looking to take us on a kemba run

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I didn’t get to watch the game today, nor did I get to record it on DVR (which I’m really pissed about). I’ve watched the complete play by play highlights on YouTube a couple of times now. Before I say anything else. I would like to say, I absolutely love Race Thompson. I just do, I think he’s tough.

BUT….is it time to swap JG for Race? What I saw in those highlights on offense in the 1st half and especially in the 2nd half when JG was in the game, was spacing. It gave our guards room to drive, TJD to work in the lane. Because simply someone had to stay out on JG.

Again, I did not get to watch the game so someone please correct me if I’m wrong. Go Hoosiers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I didn’t get to watch the game today, nor did I get to record it on DVR (which I’m really pissed about). I’ve watched the complete play by play highlights on YouTube a couple of times now. Before I say anything else. I would like to say, I absolutely love Race Thompson. I just do, I think he’s tough.

BUT….is it time to swap JG for Race? What I saw in those highlights on offense in the 1st half and especially in the 2nd half when JG was in the game, was spacing. It gave our guards room to drive, TJD to work in the lane. Because simply someone had to stay out on JG.

Again, I did not get to watch the game so someone please correct me if I’m wrong. Go Hoosiers!!!

You are not wrong. Brunk and TJD did not work for the most part and Race and Trayce does not work for the most part. 
1 in 4 out isn’t really possible with them both out there. I think Race has been our 2nd best player this year so it is hard to keep him out of the rotation but sometimes your 5 best players aren’t always your best combination.

X was awesome all game, TJD in the second half and Galloway and Geronimo while neither put up huge numbers, we’re just flying around and have us a ton of energy 

Just watched the game again, cause I watched on my phone earlier, just to make sure it wasn’t a dream! Come on guys same effort from the 2nd half for tomorrow!!! 

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

I'm pretty sure I saw him in during that last inbounds play where X eventually got the ball. I will agree he wouldn't be my first choice, but also not my last.

He did make his only 2 attempts today late in the 2nd half 

You are not wrong. Brunk and TJD did not work for the most part and Race and Trayce does not work for the most part. 
1 in 4 out isn’t really possible with them both out there. I think Race has been our 2nd best player this year so it is hard to keep him out of the rotation but sometimes your 5 best players aren’t always your best combination.
X was awesome all game, TJD in the second half and Galloway and Geronimo while neither put up huge numbers, we’re just flying around and have us a ton of energy 
Race just didn't seem with it today, example would be when diabetes or whatever his name is got the rebound and went full court for a dunk and race just ran under the goal instead of hustling back and stopping the ball

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I understand that race is our 2-3 most important player. I do not dispute that. Let’s say we go with your swap. Do we still have the spacing that we had today while JG was in for race today?

No doubt Race wasn't at his best today.  I still think he hit a couple clutch shots and can't get thrown to the bench because of one bad game.  Race earns his minutes.  Jordan does too, but we have a couple players who don't that he can swap with.

4 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Crean isn't a good coach, aside from the FF year with Wade he was wildly mediocre at Marquette.  Davis isn't a good coach either and didn't do anything after that title game.

Let’s call them equals and that means they are the 2nd worse coach since the RMK firing!

Stunned they pulled it off! I have a plan/lunch back to back (it's dream for a teacher) so I was able to watch the end of the 1st/beginning of 2nd half. I turned it off when it was 60-43. A friend texted me when they brought it to within 6. I said screw it and pulled it up for the class. It's about time IU has some good fortune in the Big Ten Tournament. Other thoughts: 

1) Good for Trayce. I love the guy but he's been shut down by the B1G's best. Not tonight. I was getting Romeo 2019 BTT vibes from him early. Props to him for turning it on. 

2) Xavier Johnson has been awesome!! This is the guy I thought we were getting. I hope he keeps it up. He was a monster on both ends. 

3) Geronimo needs to play more. Simple as that. Kids a stud. 

Let's keep this going. Momentum is a real thing. This team has some. IMO I think they are in the first four unless some teams steal bids. A win tomorrow and they are 100% in. The one thing about this team is I truly think they can beat any team in the Big Ten. They were up on Illinois in the second half. Who says IU can't win tomorrow? They have a shot! 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah he should of said tied the record 

The Hoosiers rallied from a 17-point deficit under second-year coach Mike Davis to stun the defending national champion Blue Devils 74-73 in the South Regional ...

Tied it is.