Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: IU vs. Michigan 3/10 - 11:30 am on BTN

My thoughts from attending the game. 

- I was ready to start the Woodson Fire Thread after the first half. Gosh the offense wasn’t moving, I thought Johnson probably should’ve came in sooner even with two fouls. The effort wasn’t ideal. Michigan was also shooting really well. 

- The second half run was 2013 level. I don’t know the official run total but it was fun. The defense was unreal. Interesting we do that without Parker.. :D Johnson’s effort was the reason for the start of the run. 

- TJD looked like a shell of himself in the first half. Second half, he turned into the TJD we love. 

- I owe Johnson an apology. Pitt guards have been cursed for us. He started off rocky this year but has been playing really well the last couple weeks. We don’t win this morning without Johnson. 

- Woodson had some excellent ATO’s in the second. We did a great job of holding our composure in the final minute. Michigan did us a great favor turning the ball over in the backcourt. 

I don’t know if we’re dancing quite yet. I don’t think an L tomorrow affects it. If we win tomorrow we are for sure dancing but I’m still thinking we’re going to be waiting for the actual bracket on Sunday on the edge of our seats. Great Win. Great win for the program. Woodson needed that one, especially after the first half performance. 
And without race. Geronimo really showed some versatility today. Hopefully races head is back in it tomorrow. Xj looking to take us on a kemba run

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

FT purpose? He’s 61% not sure that’s a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I saw him in during that last inbounds play where X eventually got the ball. I will agree he wouldn't be my first choice, but also not my last.

4 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I'm pretty sure I saw him in during that last inbounds play where X eventually got the ball. I will agree he wouldn't be my first choice, but also not my last.

He was a 76% career shooter.  Think more than anything it was lack of attempts this year.  Had to get Geronimo out for free throws….options were Stewart, Race and Leal.

What a ******* game. The board has been depressing lately, understandable feelings and opinions flying around, overreactions aplenty and brave optimism from some as well. Today was a great win for the program and an exclamation point of an answer for some questions we were all having. They played confident today, hustled like crazy, and would not be denied of a win, something we haven't seen in awhile. They actually played like the season was on the line, even though the past several opportunities in this position IU team's have squandered it. 

I have no idea what will happen in tomorrow's game, but I think we can all finally agree this team is damn good enough to get the win and close it out when necessary. Hopefully the committe recognizes that IU is going to be a very dangerous 12 seed and gives all of us a march madness experience that we've been robbed of for so long.

Now let's beat the **** out of Illinois. 

It’s not so much that we know how to waste time as it is more the Army knows how create situations where you just end up doing nothing for long periods of time while the higher ups sit around and try to figure things out so you can actually do your job, lol!
Hurry up and wait.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He was a 76% career shooter.  Think more than anything it was lack of attempts this year.  Had to get Geronimo out for free throws….options were Stewart, Race and Leal.

That's fair, like I said not my first option (would prefer X or Kopp for sure), but not my last either so I was OK with him being in there.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

My feelings on Woodson have been known, but does anyone think we win that with Miller?  I don't.

Of course, I also expected to get crushed once we got down 17.

Did we ever score 31 points in the last 13 minutes with Miller?