Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

BTT Game Thread: IU vs. Michigan 3/10 - 11:30 am on BTN

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My 3 year old human was on my case about why a team called "The Michigans" was wearing yellow and navy because, obviously, that's the colors that the Pacers wear and "The Indianas" don't normally play against the Pacers. I politely told him I'd explain everything after the game, but now is not the time to discuss amateurism. He called me a nerd and went to play with his Hulk and Spiderman toys.

TJD is Hulk.

Jordan Geronimo is Spiderman. 

Now you can play too.

I will be perfectly honest and admit I did not watch nor did I listen to the game and instead opted for yard work.  Truly didn't expect us to win.  Shocked doesn't describe my reaction when I came into the house and learned we'd won and with a comeback for the ages no less.  Reading through this thread is like reading A Tale of  Two Cities.  The first 15 pages - the worst of times.  Then on page 16, there's an ever so slight shift in the comments and by page 20, some posters are even starting to apologize for comments they made somewhere in the first 15 pages!  From Page 22 forward - the best of times.

An absolutely great day to be a Hoosier.  Let's do it again tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I agree!!! The offense finally flowed!  Where has this been all year!  Geronimo played well too!

Our D was spectacular the last 12 minutes.  We played decent D all year, but nothing as smothering as that 

The offense flowed more because we got out in transition the second half. 10 turnovers by your opponent will allow you to do that. Players hitting shots will help space and TJD not going through the motions helps a lot too.

We'll need to muck up the game against the Ill, force whoever is on Race to defend, and hopefully get some XJ - TJD PnR action against Plummer and Kofi.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody:

"This game was a total team effort, by everyone that played. That played. ... It might be you tomorrow Scoop. It might be Anthony. I don't know who it's gonna be."

*disclaimer - sorry Logan; it won't be you.*

I must be out of the loop….who is scoop?

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I will be perfectly honest and admit I did not watch nor did I listen to the game and instead opted for yard work.  Truly didn't expect us to win.  Shocked doesn't describe my reaction when I came into the house and learned we'd won and with a comeback for the ages no less.  Reading through this thread is like reading A Tale of  Two Cities.  The first 15 pages - the worst of times.  Then on page 16, there's an ever so slight shift in the comments and by page 20, some posters are even starting to apologize for comments they made somewhere in the first 15 pages!  From Page 22 forward - the best of times.

Credit to the guys being positive at pg 15. I caught us at the 3 min mark and still didn’t feel confident we’d win. Lol

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I had a friend who texted me the whole game who went from firing the coaches at halftime to saying it was the best half in the last 10 years and making the tournament. The Tale of two halves is an understatement. 

I haven't read the thread. I doubt I will. Everyone remembers Dennis Hopper's character in Hoosiers jumping on the bed after Jimmy hit the shot. It wasn't that extreme, but I was definitely doing something similar driving to my Dr's appointment at the Illiana VA Healthcare Medical Center. I had a lot of crazy looks from people passing me.
Iturned the game on SiriusXM B1G Radio heard we were down 17, so I decided turned on the news and watch at home. Turned it back and saw we were down 8. Listened to the rest.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hope you at least recorded it:)

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I had a friend who texted me the whole game who went from firing the coaches at halftime to saying it was the best half in the last 10 years and making the tournament. The Tale of two halves is an understatement. 

Crap, are we friends in real life?