Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

B10 Tournament (Bracket and general chat + poll)

B10T Poll  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the B10T

2. 2. How will IU do?

• Lose first game (Thursday)
    • Beat Michigan, Lose to IL (Friday)
    • Beat Michigan, Beat IL, lose on Saturday
    • Lose on Sunday
    • Champs!!!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2022 at 11:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Yes, betting my live savings on it

This year is a strange season for the B10 IMO. 

Not sure I'd bet on any team. I could see half the B10 winning it. IL, PU, Wiscy, Iowa, OSU, and either of the teams from Michigan. 

In short, any of the top 8 winning would not shock me. Rutgers probably would be the closest to surprising me. 

7 minutes ago, Southside said:

This year is a strange season for the B10 IMO. 

Not sure I'd bet on any team. I could see half the B10 winning it. IL, PU, Wiscy, Iowa, OSU, and either of the teams from Michigan. 

In short, any of the top 8 winning would not shock me. Rutgers probably would be the closest to surprising me. 

They have shot creators and makers. In a grind it out Big 1.o tourney game, they might be able to win in a low scoring defensive slug fest that several of these games will turn out to be. I believe they split with Iowa, Ill, and Michigan (?) this season.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They have shot creators and makers. In a grind it out Big 1.o tourney game, they might be able to win in a low scoring defensive slug fest that several of these games will turn out to be. I believe they split with Iowa, Ill, and Michigan (?) this season.

If you're talking about Rutgers, yup, agree. They have some very nice wins, but also some bad losses. Strange team and year for them. 

It's like this about every year, but this is just a brutal conference tournament. No one really has a clear "easy" path unless Johnny Davis' ankle sprain lingers, then I could see Purdue getting into Sunday without a ton of trouble.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It's like this about every year, but this is just a brutal conference tournament. No one really has a clear "easy" path unless Johnny Davis' ankle sprain lingers, then I could see Purdue getting into Sunday without a ton of trouble.

Yup. I picked PU simply because of the semi-home-court advantage. 

My dark horse is Michigan though. Interesting season for them too. 

Anyone could get hot and grind it out with a little luck. 

Just now, Southside said:

They could rally around Juwan coming back and get really hot, plus they matchup really well with Illinois imo. I am not looking forward to Thursday lol.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They could rally around Juwan coming back and get really hot, plus they matchup really well with Illinois imo. I am not looking forward to Thursday lol.

Agreed. They've been Jekyll and Hyde but when they are on, they are on. Difficult start of the year for them, but wouldn't be surprised at all if things started clicking for them, especially with JH's return.  

20 minutes ago, Trish said:

Looks like I could be at the game this Thursday. Would be my first B1G tourney. 

I've been to a few and other than IU blowing it in all of them, it's a great time. Highly recommend picking up tickets for the other session and spending the whole day there.

Plus michigan got a equivalent forfeit in their first game so that helps

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Indiana loses the first round game to Michigan by a score of 87-86 in triple overtime with a half-court heave at the end of regulation by Ian Burns and Indiana’s March Madness hopes vanish.

Purdue wins the B10 tournament and is granted a #1 seed. They then lose to UMBC in the first-round with a UMBC-like thumping comparable to the one against Virginia in 2018. Some Indiana fans try to find solace in this to get them through the long offseason, while others throw their hands up with a loss of hope that Woody will ever get Indiana back to prominence. 

I chug a six-pack of 450 Nugs and try to remember the long-lost days of believing Indiana is the team to beat on any given night.