Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

Kokomo's boys basketball team blasted Fort Wayne Wayne 73-51 in the Class 4A Michigan City Semistate's opening semifinal Saturday.

Kokomo star Flory Bidunga, the Gatorade Indiana Player of the Year, put on a show with 31 points, 19 rebounds, eight blocked shots, two assists and two steals. The 6-foot-10 junior, playing in his 54th career game, recorded his 49th career double-double.

In addition, he reached a milestone by joining the Kats' 1,000-point club.

"That's a big achievement and I did it so I'm excited," he said.

Bidunga's milestone basket came in fitting fashion — on a dunk. Thirteen seconds into the second half, on a inbound play near the basket, he rose to take a perfect lob pass from Zavion Bellamy and hammered it home.

Bidunga has more than 200 dunks in his Kat career. 

"We have some conversation with my teammates. They say like, if I dunk they get hyped. I always dunk everything for them," he said. 

Bidunga made 11 of 13 shots from the field — and an impressive 9 of 10 free-throw attempts.

"I've been working on that and just keep improving my game," he said. "We need those free throws so I know as a big man, I have to work on my free throws so that's what I did."

Bidunga came into the game shooting 57.9% from the line.

"Whenever he gets 10 attempts and goes 90%, it's almost impossible to guard him when he does that," Kokomo coach John Peckinpaugh said. "Our guys did a great job finding him. He's going to draw those fouls. He's playing with a lot of confidence from the line right now."

Kokomo (23-4) advances to play the Penn-Hammond Central winner in the semistate final Saturday night.

NOTE:  Penn won that game 108-70.  I believe I saw that Notre Dame commit Markus Burton had 30 pts. for Penn. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kokomo's boys basketball team blasted Fort Wayne Wayne 73-51 in the Class 4A Michigan City Semistate's opening semifinal Saturday.

Kokomo star Flory Bidunga, the Gatorade Indiana Player of the Year, put on a show with 31 points, 19 rebounds, eight blocked shots, two assists and two steals. The 6-foot-10 junior, playing in his 54th career game, recorded his 49th career double-double.

Bidunga's milestone basket came in fitting fashion — on a dunk. Thirteen seconds into the second half, on a inbound play near the basket, he rose to take a perfect lob pass from Zavion Bellamy and hammered it home.

"We have some conversation with my teammates. They say like, if I dunk they get hyped. I always dunk everything for them," he said. 

Bidunga made 11 of 13 shots from the field — and an impressive 9 of 10 free-throw attempts.

"I've been working on that and just keep improving my game," he said. "We need those free throws so I know as a big man, I have to work on my free throws so that's what I did."

"Whenever he gets 10 attempts and goes 90%, it's almost impossible to guard him when he does that," Kokomo coach John Peckinpaugh said. "Our guys did a great job finding him. He's going to draw those fouls. He's playing with a lot of confidence from the line right now."

Kokomo (23-4) advances to play the Penn-Hammond Central winner in the semistate final Saturday night.

NOTE:  Penn won that game 108-70.  I believe I saw that Notre Dame commit Markus Burton had 30 pts. for Penn. 

Tonight’s game will be good. A lot of fireworks. Earlier this year I thought Penn would go to state… Now I question if they will. I don’t know if they can stop Flory

55 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

40% of his points off dunks. That’s crazy

2 hours ago, cbp4iu said:

Tonight’s game will be good. A lot of fireworks. Earlier this year I thought Penn would go to state… Now I question if they will. I don’t know if they can stop Flory

FWIW, Penn averages 77 points per game, has shot 52% from the field, 41% from three, and 74% from the line for the year.  They can really shoot the ball.  The Hammond Central team they destroyed today was 26-1 with their only loss being to an Illinois team.

Kokomo Athletic Dept. - 

STATE FINALS TICKET INFORMATION: Tickets:  Kokomo High School will be receiving school specific ticket links at the State Finals Meeting on Monday.  Any tickets purchased outside these links, will not be in the Kokomo school section.

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Anyone know what ties he has to Cincinnati?

Basically the reason he is in Indiana . Is the Adams family . Cincy till it's not . Don't care what anybody is saying .Cincy till it's not. Not saying it isn't open . Cincy till it's not   Likes IU basketball not all that impressed with school itself. 

8 hours ago, Muskie for three said:

Basically the reason he is in Indiana . Is the Adams family . Cincy till it's not . Don't care what anybody is saying .Cincy till it's not. Not saying it isn't open . Cincy till it's not   Likes IU basketball not all that impressed with school itself. 

And he is impressed with UC? Lol!

1 hour ago, Muskie for three said:

Apparently so . Not everyone wants to go to Kelly school of business. Cincy till it's not .

Picking cincy because of academics is… odd. Has anyone let him know Michigan, Notre Dame and Northwestern are also close by lol? 

1 hour ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Picking cincy because of academics is… odd. Has anyone let him know Michigan, Notre Dame and Northwestern are also close by lol? 

Think it might be a cultural thing . Wonder what kind of African studies does Cincy have . Is there a population of people from the congo in Cincy . Kid is super smart , speaks five languages and is loyal also comes from a bit of money. Will make whatever decision is best for him. Cincy till it's not .