Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

Flory sat three seats away from Maturin and Nembhard:

FoU2B9UWcAE9XPY?format=jpg%26name=large&key=58995ef0054acbd76bf8186ba455cb842567a6cdf2137f72d0881d2a559c2581

Special guest in the mix: The red-haired gentleman is a former Mastodon of the Dane Fife era and I believe was an assistant coach during IPFW’s rude visit to Bloomington in 2017.

Now the HC of: Kokomo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t feel good about this one…may be reading way too much into this but I’m friends on Facebook with someone I went to college with. Her kids go to Kokomo and they are friends with Flory. Her oldest kid is a soon to be Freshman daughter, while her boys are younger( elementary age). When coaches come to watch Flory she always takes pictures of the coaches with her kids…last home game Painter, Izzo, Bruce Pearl, Calipari, and Floridas coach were there. 

She always talks about how the kids love Painter and that he knows her kids now because he comes so much…I have a feeling he will end up there. Just my opinion but I thought I’d share.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:02 PM, HinnyHoosier said:

Special guest in the mix: The red-haired gentleman is a former Mastodon of the Dane Fife era and I believe was an assistant coach during IPFW’s rude visit to Bloomington in 2017.

Now the HC of: Kokomo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And who's wife is the HC for Kokomos girls team. 

Hmmmm....interesting that he seems to allude to us being the leader for McNeely and Newell with a decent shot at Bidunga. Talk about a haul if they can pull that off!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Hmmmm....interesting that he seems to allude to us being the leader for McNeely and Newell with a decent shot at Bidunga. Talk about a haul if they can pull that off!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He says he likes where we stand with McNeely and Newell, I didn't really take that as leading though.  That'd be a heck of a class, 2-3 5*; when was the last time we pulled that off?

16 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Is he better than Hanner?  I see a super athlete but how much skill?

Much. Unlike Perea, who other than being long and springy, wasn’t actually a plus athlete,  Bidunga has plus or better traits across the board. Harder worker. More competitive kid. His floor is probably finisher, rim runner and plus defensive presence. His ceiling, though it would look different, is something along the lines of what Trayce has become, though I doubt he’ll ever pass it as well. Maybe he exceeds that if his shot develops. But, strictly my opinion, I think we need to keep in mind that he almost certainly is not gonna walk through the door as some 15 and 8 guy, particularly if he re-classifies. Certainly not Trayce’s freshman yr. If his people are hell bent on Bidunga being a 1 year guy, I question how much impact he would actually make. Not saying you don’t take him, of course you do. Just saying our expectations would need to be appropriate. Now, if the plan is for him to develop fully in college, that would be sweet because at some point he’s gonna be a problem. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

Much. Unlike Perea, who other than being long and springy, wasn’t actually a plus athlete,  Bidunga has plus or better traits across the board. Harder worker. More competitive kid. His floor is probably finisher, rim runner and plus defensive presence. His ceiling, though it would look different, is something along the lines of what Trayce has become, though I doubt he’ll ever pass it as well. Maybe he exceeds that if his shot develops. But, strictly my opinion, I think we need to keep in mind that he almost certainly is not gonna walk through the door as some 15 and 8 guy, particularly if he re-classifies. Certainly not Trayce’s freshman yr. If his people are hell bent on Bidunga being a 1 year guy, I question how much impact he would actually make. Not saying you don’t take him, of course you do. Just saying our expectations would need to be appropriate. Now, if the plan is for him to develop fully in college, that would be sweet because at some point he’s gonna be a problem. 

I also feel like he is a good, humble kid.

If he came to IU? After that first practice, getting absolutely destroyed in the post by Malik would make it very clear to Flory that he had a lot of development to do.

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

Good analysis. My initial thoughts were people have fallen in love with the athleticism and expectations are gonna be unrealistic. Just don’t take him at the expense of other needs.