Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

Kokomo boys basketball team received news that next season it will be included in the state’s mid-season showcase: the Raymond James Hall of Fame Classic.

The Classic unveiled its invitations Wednesday for the Dec. 30 four-team tournament. The opening game pits Kokomo vs. Indianapolis Crispus Attucks at 11 a.m. in the New Castle Fieldhouse. The second semifinal follows, pitting Brownstown Central vs. Brownsburg. The consolation game is at 6 p.m. and the championship follows the third-place contest.

6 hours ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Is Bidunga 100% back at Kokomo next year? Seems like a top kid like him would be recruited to a Monteverde or Oak Hill.

Everything I've heard . Is the kid loves Kokomo . The people , school, friends , community etc,etc. Wants to win a state championship . Now there are some rumblings that there may be  some visa problems . But that's from no credible source . I'd be surprised he left for a prep but you never know . 

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

This is certainly worth noting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I have seen videos of TJD hitting 3's in the summer time but it didn't translate to the regular season 

56 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I have seen videos of TJD hitting 3's in the summer time but it didn't translate to the regular season 

One thing I noticed about TJD's outside shot was how slow he was shooting it. Bidunga's shooting motion was even slower. If left wide open or guarded by someone considerably shorter (like in the video) he would be able to get it off but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

I think it's a similar train of thought. If you're so unstoppable in the paint there shouldn't be many 3's taken. I don't expect to see Flory take any 3's next year at the HS level because he can dominate the paint just fine. 

I think the trap is if you recruit dominant post players then you have to scheme your offense around them. Similar to what we did with TJD. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect TJD, but if you have that kind of talent, you have to utilize it. I'm ready to see a more balanced approach to our offense. 

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I think the trap is if you recruit dominant post players then you have to scheme your offense around them. Similar to what we did with TJD. Don't get me wrong, I love and respect TJD, but if you have that kind of talent, you have to utilize it. I'm ready to see a more balanced approach to our offense. 

Me too, but a guy like Flory is hard to pass up on!

12 hours ago, cthomas said:

Completely different skill set. If we get Flory, we aren't running offense through him. Especially not early in his career. 

22 hours ago, cthomas said:

I'd say that with the current roster projection we'll be moving away from that offense even if not by choice.

Probably not a bad thing in the long run.