Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'll be there in person!

Kokomo won 68-55 and advanced to next Saturday's semistate.  Haven't seen any stats but Flory was really limited tonight with foul troubles.  Picked up #2 early in the 2nd Q and sat out about 6 min.  Picked up #3 and #4 in the 3rd Q and probably sat out another 6 min.  Pretty physical game from what I saw.

Shoutout to Kokomo for traveling so well. That felt like it was at Memorial Gym, probably 90% Wildkats fans. 

Flory dominated the first quarter on both ends, unfortunately the foul trouble hit and he had to sit most of the 2nd quarter. Kokomo's coach has got to keep him out of foul trouble if they hope to win state, as they aren't deep and only have one other kid with height. Flory had to play timid the entire 2nd half and although he was still clearly a factor defensively they didn't run through him much that half. One thing he's making nice improvements at is with his shooting. FT's are much improved and pre-game he starts off with one or two layups and then it's all mid-range work from then on. Shot is a bit stiff still (nothing that couldn't be ironed out) but he's capable of hitting from there down the road.

As OF mentioned, very physical game. I'll leave my bias out, but a lot of kids wouldn't have handled that game well at all based on how they were calling it and I was proud of how he maintained his composure. I'm sure everyone's heard it by now but he's a great kid with a great work ethic and any program will love to have him. 

OT but near the end a FW player went down with an injury and after the play one of the FW bench players was going over to check on him. They ejected the kid for leaving the bench area. I understand the rule, but thought that was lame. He was just going to check on his teammate. Play had been stopped. This is HS kids, could be a little lenient with the rule given the circumstances. Maybe I'm missing an important detail so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Hard to hear what the PA guy was saying.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Updated ticket link for next Saturday.

https://public.eventlink.com/tickets?t=30952

Playing Fort Wayne Wayne which is kind of a Cinderella story.  They normally aren't very good but they are having a very nice season.  Pretty athletic group but they will be heavy underdogs in this one.  Can't imagine they have much of a chance.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Playing Fort Wayne Wayne which is kind of a Cinderella story.  They normally aren't very good but they are having a very nice season.  Pretty athletic group but they will be heavy underdogs in this one.  Can't imagine they have much of a chance.  

The Blackhawk Christian win by Wayne is a great win, and beating Homestead (2X) is pretty impressive but.......