Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Indiana muskie

Kokomo Monster (2024) - C Flory Bidunga to Kansas

21 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Good analysis. My initial thoughts were people have fallen in love with the athleticism and expectations are gonna be unrealistic. Just don’t take him at the expense of other needs.

We'll definitely need a big in 2024, no question about that.

My hope is that we get a portal big for 23/24 season to pair with Reneau, and Bidunga stays in the 2024 class to continue developing.

You could make the argument he'd develop better by reclassifying and practicing against college athletes, but that didn't work for Lander so it clearly doesn't work for everyone.

My hope is that we get a portal big for 23/24 season to pair with Reneau, and Bidunga stays in the 2024 class to continue developing.
You could make the argument he'd develop better by reclassifying and practicing against college athletes, but that didn't work for Lander so it clearly doesn't work for everyone.

Lander wasn’t a development issue. It was a missed evaluation and ranking based on perceived gains. Bidunga is insanely productive and athletic. Bidunga staying 2024 would be great and fine, but he isn’t a similar case to Lander. Most of the time reclass concerns are based on physical skillsets and that won’t be the issue.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

35 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lander wasn’t a development issue. It was a missed evaluation and ranking based on perceived gains. Bidunga is insanely productive and athletic. Bidunga staying 2024 would be great and fine, but he isn’t a similar case to Lander. Most of the time reclass concerns are based on physical skillsets and that won’t be the issue.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Valid. It was never the correct path for Lander.

Didn't Race Thompson do it too? Not sure how much it benefitted him either, but Flory is clearly miles ahead of both players so I guess no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

If we're looking to avoid taking a step back next year, I just don't think Bidunga solves that on his own. Great player and prospect, but I don't know if he negates the need for a portal big. 

I'd sure be excited though, don't get me wrong. 

For what it’s worth, the track record of PGs reclassifying to get to college earlier is dire. Lander especially so, but Ashton Hagans at UK, Duke had a guy that then got forced out after a year and had a mediocre career at USC and some third school…someone looked at the reclass data and it’s rough for PGs, wish I could find the link.

For other positions, on average it has not had a drastic negative impact if I recall correctly.

6 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

He had 9 dunks in his last game but the competition is iffy a Kokomo. He would have to be brought along slow and you would definitely to bring in another big ready for this level.

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I mean everything! All his videos are dunks/ally ops/putbacks

I mean…. Do what you need to do.  If he’s shooting midranges and 3s at this age then he’s Wenbeyama.  A dominant, athletic, coordinated big guy with his abilities is worth his weight in NIL.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

He dominates against 6’2” white kids, is the #2 player in the class AND is currently projected to Cincinnati. Something is off here.

He did his thing in AAU to fully skyrocket up the rankings against his peers.  His play translates.  What is off, is the connections that are needed to make it all happen appear to be complicated.  

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

AND is currently projected to Cincinnati. Something is off here.

I would be surprised if he goes to Cincinnati. He may go to  IU, he may go to Purdue or he wind up somewhere else, but in the end I predict he makes his decision on where he thinks he has the best chance of being developed to make the next step to the NBA.  There is no reason to believe that program is Cincinnati.